Sunday, March 05, 2006

Transfer is scheduled!!

Finally, my poor frozen embryos will be thawed. We still plan to transfer two so the embryologist will thaw two. If they both look like they are high quality they will stop there, if one or both are questionable after the thaw, they will try to thaw more until they are happy with the two they end up transferring.

So, in order to prepare for this transfer I had to start the dreaded inter-muscular injections of progesterone. The needle is just ridiculous. It looks like a torture device. It is 1.5 inches long (which doesn't SOUND that big but seriously find something that is 1.5 inches long and imagine it piercing your butt), and it's pretty thick looking...you can actually see the hole. So with all this in mind the injection honestly, surprisingly doesn't hurt at ALL. So here's the bad part, what is being injected is progesterone in olive oil...very thick...no place for it to go.

Last night's injection was stupidly painful. It feels/felt like a charlie horse, like your muscle is completely knotted up. I could hardly put any weight on that leg last night, but today I was at least able to limp.
So I was not looking forward to tonight's dose. Turns out it didn't hurt at all. Now I don't know if it's SUPPOSED to hurt or not...maybe one was done correctly and one was not? And if so, which one was which??

1 comment:

Kerry said...

I keep checking in! Glad things are happening. I'm excited for you.