Sunday, June 25, 2006

This makes me chuckle

Our contractor came over yesterday to patch up a hole in the ceiling that was not supposed to be there. My parents happened to be there so the contractor says, "so are you coming over for dinner on wednesday?". I thought the question was strange...wednesday had no meaning to me. We all realized at the same moment that he was saying that the kitchen would be done by wednesday. I said, "It's going to be done on wednesday???". He said, "yes". I said, "how are you going to put the appliances in when there are no outlets for them yet?". He didn't believe me that they weren't done yet so he quickly checked them all and soon realized that I was right. He said, "I'll have to get the electrician in too then.". I smugly said, "He's on vacation until friday" and continued to laugh hystically in my head. Not to mention the fact that we have a list of small things that we are not happy with and they need to fix. They're in for a big surprise if they think they'll even be done next friday.
I know it may sound funny that *I'm* not upset about the delay, but at this point who cares, plus i'm just getting a kick out of the fact that THEY'RE going to be inconvienced.

On a nice note, Chris sat at our new bar/counter all day on his computer while watching tv. He even ate his first meal in our new (almost done) kitchen.

No comments: