Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Moving along...slowly

The roof and trim work was completed last Saturday. They also stripped all of the siding and wrapped the kitchen with tyvek. Now we need to find some time to put clapboards up. We're sick of paying THEM money to do stuff.

The building inspector came yesterday 15 minutes earlier than he said, so noone was there, so he left. Chris got in touch with the office and the inspector came back but of course his nose was all out of joint that there wasn't anyone there in the first place. He pointed out a few small things that needed to be fixed by the contractor but gave it the ok for insulation....just in time for us to not NEED our heat (we've been freezing for 5 weeks because we haven't had our heat on).

So the insulation got done in about 2 hours this morning and now the inspector has to come BACK! The contractor is coming back tomorrow to fix those few small things and is scheduling the inspector to come while he's there.

So now the plasterers are scheduled for Tuesday.

This is so frustrating...in 5 days, approximately 3 hours of work is going to get done.

I HATE to cook, but I keep seeing commercials for food and I think "I want to make that!!! Oh, right, I can't".
All of our cabinets are in our basement and I haven't even seen what they look like!!!
I'm getting so anxious now!!!!

No comments: