Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Peabody Flooding

On Monday evening, May 15th, I had a chance to get to downtown Peabody to see the flood. I grabbed my camera and parked near the Courthouse Pub on Central Street which was as far as they would let cars go. I walked as far as I could without getting wet. I took some cool pictures, but my curiosity was getting the best of me. Lots of people were walking around in the 1-3 feet of water that was covering the intersection in front of the courthouse. I threw caution to the wind and removed my shoes. I left them by a fire hydrant and proceeded to step into the rushing water, which I was not expecting to be frigid! A few minutes after the initial shock of the coldness, my feet, ankles, and calfs went numb and I was able to enjoy myself. The current of the water really was strong so I had to navigate through the mini lake carefully. I did make it all the way across which strangly felt like a big accomplishment. I eventually made my way back across the raging puddle and happily found my shoes still at the hydrant waiting for me.

Here are a few notable pictures from my adventure, but if you would like to see more you can go to www.klgproductions.com/gallery

No comments: