Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Update on our quest to have children

I haven't written much about this topic as it is really something that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy (not that I have any enemies). It's just been really hard to deal with, so I pushed pause on the remote to my life. I had the Marathon last month which was a GREAT distraction then I came home to Kitchen crap which has also been a distraction.

I started acupuncture in the beginning of April to help prepare my body for my next IFV round. My acupuncturist suggested taking two cycles off before trying again which coincided with my fertility dr.'s suggestion because he wanted to perform another test on me to make sure my uterus looked ok. I had that procedure (hysteroscopy) last Friday. Chris brought me in and they started an IV. Thry brought me into the procedure room and knocked me out with some great stuff. I woke up feeling very tired...they even said I took longer than normal to wake up...guess I wanted to stay away from reality as long as I could. The dr. explained that there was some inflamed tissue in the uterus and some "skin" tags (he didn't call them skin tags but I can't remember what he said). He removed all of that as well as a normal sample of the lining and we're waiting for biopsy results. He said that those disruptions in the lining COULD have been the reason the first IFV didn't work. If the embryo tried to attach itself to one of those areas it wouldn't have worked.

So, my acupuncturist is happy with my progress and she is confident that I can try the next round with a positive outcome.

At the moment I am waiting for my next cycle to start which is at least two weeks away (cause god only knows how long this cycle will be...my last one was 49 days). Then I will start taking birth control pills for a few weeks which will start another cycle which is the fun injections/grow follicles/extract eggs/implant embryos process.

No comments: