Wednesday, October 17, 2007

7 Months


Dear Madison and Jackson,



Every month is going faster than the last. This is so frustrating!!

You have been getting up earlier the last few weeks. Madison is usually up at 7 and Jackson at 8. This makes for a very tired mommy since I don’t get to sleep until at least 1 am. I’ve even started giving you both 8-9 oz of formula 4 times a day but it doesn’t seem to be helping. I also just put up room darkening shades in your room yesterday but that didn’t make a difference either.

I usually play with Madison until Jackson gets up then feed you both. I am now able to lay you down on the carpet and you both hold your bottles! I certainly have to supervise and be on clean up duty but I am able to scratch my nose if I need to during feeding time! You both got very good at holding your own bottle just a few days ago.
After eating you’ll play for an hour or so. Play time now consists of being free on the floor. You both still like the exersaucers but definitely prefer the floor. After play time is a nap then Daddy comes home at 12 for lunch and I’ll feed you again. Around 3 you’ll both go for another nap that is usually pretty long.

We’ve been spending a few days a week walking with Stacey…sometimes with Danielle and Nick. We walk in our neighborhood and sometimes we’ll meet up in the neighborhood with 14 month old twins Aaron and Amelia and their mom Ellen. There are also 4 month old girl twins but we haven’t spent any time with them yet.

This month we went to the Topsfield Fair. I used to love to go as a kid/teenager/adult. Since Daddy and I have been together I haven’t gone. He does not share my love of it. It was real important to me that you two went during this first year of your life so I took you with Grandma, Great Aunt Judy, and cousins Ben and Jack. I think you enjoyed yourselves. I hope to take you every year.

You are both now able to take your binky out of your mouth and put it back in!

I have had a cold now for a good 5 weeks now. It took a while but you both finally caught it. It hasn’t been awful but it is sad to hear you all stuffy and having runny noses.

You still aren't crazy about food but you're getting better. We're not real consistant with feeding you (food) though so that could be part of the problem.

I love spending my days with you. You fill my life with laughter and happiness.



Dear Jackson,


I can’t stand how much I love you. Sometimes I hold you and kiss you until you squirm and yell to get a way! I love you so much.

Not too much new this month. You still like to be on your belly and go around in circles and kick your feet. You make movement backward but no signs of getting up on all fours. I think you’re just content where you are.

You are now needing size 4 diapers! Especially at night since you started waking up wet in the morning. I switched to the BJs brand because they are $11 cheaper per box and there are MORE diapers in the box! They seem to work just fine. Your clothes are now 6-9 or 6-12 months depending on the brand.

No injuries this month and I still just call you Buddy.


Dear Madison,




You had a big month of firsts! You started full on crawling and you got your first tooth!!

It was so fascinating to see the process of you learning to crawl. First you got up on all fours which just blew me away and you would rock back and forth with a lot of force. Then a few days later you would pull one knee forward then flop on your belly. Then a few days later you would take a step with one knee then the other then flop on your belly. Now you are able to crawl across the room if you want something. All this in two weeks time!

I just felt your first tooth 3 days ago. It’s not really visible yet but I can feel it and it’s VERY sharp! You have been playing with your tongue a lot since it came through. The sharp tooth must feel strange to you.

You have started feeling your hair with your hand. It’s so cute! Your hair has grown a lot in the last month.

You hit things with your hand a lot like if you’re laying on your belly you’ll slap the ground repeatedly or you’ll hit the bottle as I’m feeding you.

Grandma had some size 2 diapers left over so I’ve been using those on you during the day but at night I use the 2-3s. Your clothes are mostly 3-6 month. I think you finally seem to be growing a little.

You have gotten feisty lately. You do NOT like to be put down. You protest loudly but you are easily distracted by toys so you’re not training me to pick you up whenever you cry even though you’re trying to…for now, I’m smarter than you ;-)

I mostly still call you Baby Girl.

You had some bumps this month but nothing bad. Nana was responsible for a couple of them in one day! Then today my camera was hanging around my neck when I bent down to pick you up. The camera swung down and hit you in the forehead.

I love you so much, baby girl!

4 comments:

Wendy and Karen said...

You are so awesome.

Kerry Lynn said...

Are you flirting with me??
HAHA!!

how kind, but I am far from awesome.

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

I can't believe it is 7 months already. I don't think I am ready for this.

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

Mateo's first tooth started poking out today too! It's so sharp, and I am breastfeeding. Great! Can't wait to feel that.

I think I found your blog through Wendy and Karen, actually.

That pic of Jackson with the pacifier and hood over one eye is amazing! Did you take it?