Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Day

We started out at home obviously and opened all the presents that Santa brought.
IMG_8833 (22 of 41)

IMG_8836 (23 of 41)

IMG_8839 (24 of 41)

I believe this is my 10th little blue box in my stocking. Santa is always good to me. This year I got a heart shaped charm that says "mom" on it. For now I'm wearing it on a chain since I don't have a charm bracelet. I believe that will come next Christmas :-)

IMG_8845 (25 of 41)

And my big surprise was an ipod touch. I love Chris's iphone but I already have a really inexpensive cell phone plan. We just can't afford to add me to Chris's already outrageously expensive data plan. But with the ipod touch I can still use all the apps that he has. I love to just sit down and play a game every once in a while. And if I'm near a wi-fi I can even get on the internet.
IMG_8846 (26 of 41)

After opening all our presents at home we went to my parents' house. We had our annual cinnamon buns and hot chocolate.
IMG_8855 (27 of 41)

IMG_8857 (28 of 41)

Maddie got this Tinker Bell nightgown and she wore it for the rest of the day. (They're still in their pajamas because you're supposed to open presents in your pajamas).
IMG_8862 (29 of 41)

IMG_8865 (30 of 41)
They got toy laptops, a bunch of toy food for their kitchen at Grandma and Grandpa's house, some clothes, a large toy golf club, some movies and probably a lot of other stuff that is slipping my mind right now.

After that we went to Chris's parents' house to open presents with his family.
IMG_8867 (32 of 41)
They were certainly spoiled by their Aunts and Uncles. Lots of Mickey and Minnie stuff, clothes, toys.
IMG_8874 (33 of 41)
Nana and Papa got them inflatable sleds, clothes, and a train set! Nana Fitzy got them real guitars that they absolutely love!
IMG_8876 (34 of 41)

Nana Fitzy playing Maddie's guitar. I've never played a string instrument before but I know how to match pitch. The guitars came with a pitch pipe to tune the strings. In attempting to tighten the strings in order to raise the pitch I broke 3 strings! Nana Fitzy kept yelling at me to stop trying to tune it. I then learned to replace the strings and left them alone. So the guitars are not tuned at all.
IMG_8884 (35 of 41)

By the time dinner was ready Jackson was already asleep upstairs so I hadn't even gotten him dressed in his Christmas outfit. I wasn't going to bother changing Maddie either since I knew she was going to be napping soon. By the time they both woke up from their naps it was so late that I didn't even bother.

Jill and Maddie
IMG_8888 (36 of 41)

The Nekoroski's came over later in the evening.
IMG_8893 (37 of 41)

Look at my big girl playing the guitar! We were all singing Christmas songs as she played. (I ended up putting her in her dress by the end of the evening)
IMG_8897 (38 of 41)

Then it was Jackson's turn. He's actually using a pick in this picture.
IMG_8903 (39 of 41)

Steve, Karen, Jackie and Nana Fitzy relaxing after dinner.
IMG_8909 (41 of 41)

The next morning we put together the train set. It's really kept them occupied. We're checking out our train table options because it moves around too much on the floor and they bump into it.
IMG_8910 (40 of 41)

This was a really fabulous Christmas. So hectic but the kids' excitement was so special to see.

2 comments:

Wendy and Karen said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas!

I love those matching pj's.

Sara said...

I love the pj's too. Aren't they fun this year! (The twins, not the pj's)