Sunday, May 06, 2007

May 6 2007

We've had more visitors in the last week. We are so lucky to have so many people in our lives who care about all of us.

Here is a link to the new May album of pictures.

About 3 1/2 years ago my mother was working at the senior center in the town she lives in. They were always looking for new class ideas to offer the seniors so I volunteered to teach a recorder class (those little plastic instruments you learn to play in 3rd grade). I got about 6 ladies sign up for the class. We quickly lost 2 of them due to lack of talent HAHA. Sadly two years ago Lee passed away and I was left with 3 wonderful students. We mostly talked and laughed at the silly things Jean would say but we would get in a little playing. The recorder class ended about a year ago I think. Irene and Lee belonged to a piano duet group that they started I believe in the 70s. There were a bunch of ladies who would get together once a month and play for eachother. Irene became a flute student of mine as soon as we started the recorder class. The ladies were nice enough to include me in their group and Irene and I would play flute duets for them and I would play pieces with piano accompaniment. I was babysitting for Olivia during that time and she would come to meetings with us and listen to the music. For the most part she was very good but there were the occasions where she would cling to my leg as I played. I continued to meet and play with the group and have lessons with Irene until January when I couldn't walk anymore and was on bedrest. So, a few of the ladies came to meet the twins the other day. Millie on the left, Irene in the middle, and (silly) Jean on the right. She even cracked us up while they were here. We were saying how different the twins look and she said "Can you tell them apart even when they're naked?" It was just hilarious!













These young women are exactly half of the Alexander family! Mom , Cherrie on the left, then Hannah and her sisters. I taught Hannah to play the flute and clarinet when she was 12. We also had lessons up until January. She's almost 17 now. This family is so amazing. Cherrie home schools the three girls AND her three younger boys all while taking care of her neighbors son. Everytime the twins overwhelm me I just think of her. And on top of it all she is one of the nicest people I've ever met.

This is my friend Saaima. She is from Ottowa and moved here in 98 when we met at work. We didn't work together long but we remained friends. Saaima and her husband Nick now have three children! Kahlil was at school, but Shaan was happy to meet the babies. Her daughter Henna was just happy to be practicing her standing.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Love the photos as always! How do you make those?

Kerry Lynn said...

Ah ha! it's a secret. just kidding. i use photoshop. if you don't know how to use it or don't have it i would gladly make you one if you send me the pictrues you want.

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

Since I started reading your blog recently I wanted to go back and see some newborn pics of M&J. The ones of Jackson in this post remind me of the serious look Mateo had when he was first born. Priceless!

What's your photography story? Are you one?