Monday, December 17, 2007

9 Months old


Dear Madison and Jackson,



We now have two crawling babies! The transition from 1 crawling babies to 2 was a lot easier than 0 to 1. All the adjustments we needed to make for Madison are already done for Jackson. Fighting for toys has gone to a whole new level with you both on the move.
You are both more independent now and can play very happily on your own for a long time.


You're still in size 4 diapers...diapers that are now constantly filled with poop. One morning between 8 and 10 I changed 7 poopy diapers. That's just nuts.


Our schedule is a little different now. It's a little more conventional than in the past. You wake up between 7:30 and 8:30 and have a bottle. By 9:30 Jackson is ready for a nap so I try to put you both down. Madison basically plays in her crib while Jackson sleeps for 30 minutes. Then we get up and play. At 11 or 12 I give you cereal, veggies, and fruit then attempt another nap that is usually a bust. At 3ish you get another meal of veggies and fruit and attempt another nap. This one usually takes and you'll sleep til around 6. Daddy is home at that point and I am off to work so he gives you another meal of veggies and fruit. You play with daddy until about 9 when he gives you a bottle and you're usually in bed by 10. We're still working on getting you to sleep a little later in the morning but that seems to be something we've been working on for 9 months now and it's not happening.


With winter weather here we tend to stay home a little more than we did in the summer and fall. You seem to both be okay with that. Sometimes we need to get out for a change of scenery.


Neither of you are saying any words yet. Just the typical baba, mama sounds. I know they don't mean anything though...just random babbling.


Auntie and I took you to see Santa for the first time. You were both perfectly behaved as usual. Jackson looked at Santa's beard in a very quizzical way but quickly looked forward to the camera. There weren't any smiles but at least there were no tears. I assume next year will be quite different!


Your first Thanksgiving was a lot of fun although Daddy stayed here to spend the day with Papa and his family in Gloucester. The three of us went to Great Aunt Linda's in western Mass where all my family was. You had a great time with all your second cousins who were so excited to play with you.



Dear Jackson,
You can crawl!!!!! Just like Madison, you picked it up really quickly once you started. At first you were very shaky like Bambi on the ice. It was very cute and spastic. But by the next day you crawled clear across the room like you'd been doing it all along. Now you're onto pulling yourself up to your knees on objects. Now we're in for more head bashing.


You have some good nap days and some bad nap days. I do prefer for you to go down on your own but I also adore holding you to sleep. Once you're asleep I kiss your face all over and if you don't flinch I know you're asleep enough for me to put you down.


You still have no teeth! Your hair seems to be growing but still just on the top. Just in the last few days I've noticed you seem a lot bigger.


Your personality is still pretty laid back. You love to just sit and play with toys and watch your sister bounce all over the house. You don't have a problem with strangers and you don't have a problem when I leave the room or take something away from you (unless you're tired).

Today at the doctor you weighed 18 lb 12 oz. Auntie and Nana came with us and were all shocked that you didn't weigh more. If I remember correctly that was the 25th percentile for weight, but for head circumference you were 50th!

Injuries this month: None that I can think of!


Dear Madison,

You are cruising furniture with ease and sometimes with only one hand holding on! You can walk behind a walking toy but only if I keep it from moving out in front of you too fast. The other day you were standing on top of the baby wipe box while holding onto the exersaucer. You are quite agile. We really don't worry about you falling anymore because you have such control of your movements.


You only have bad nap days! Getting you to nap has been a huge struggle and can be pretty frustrating most days...especially when I finally get Jackson to sleep and you wake him up with your crying. Sometimes I feel like I spend the entire day getting babies to nap.


You are incredibly feisty. You have quite the little attitude on you and HATE to have something taken away from you. You're good with strangers and you don't mind if I leave the room.

Your two bottom teeth are almost completely up and your two top teeth are showing now. You are always making funny faces and blowing air through your teeth.


Your hair continues to get longer even in the back. It's still pretty thin though so clips don't stay in for any length of time even though they look SO cute on you!

Today at the doctor you weighed 15 lb 8 oz which is the 5th percentile. Dr. C said that's normal since you're so active now. I believe you were 5th in length too and your head was 25th!

No injuries that I can think of although your forehead has little bruises here and there from all the bumping into things you do.

4 comments:

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

Oh, I love these!!! SO CUTE! They are always dressed so great. They are very fashionable twins...even if they don't have anywhere to go.

Jeanne The Queen said...

These pictures are fantastic! Did you take them or did you go and have them done? I am jealous. The best we can do is everyone not crying :)

Oh, and the poop! I am with you on the poop! Plus we are using cloth diapers so I feel like all I do is rinse poop out of things. gack!

jeanne

Kerry Lynn said...

I took the pictures. I always do their pictures on their birthdays. Thank you for the complement!
I borrowed my future brother in law's SLR camera for this particular shoot. Now I need one!!

Wendy and Karen said...

Simply wonderful letters as always.

And fantastic pictures.

Glad I'm not alone on all the poopy diapers!

Happy Birthday little ones. You have the BEST mom.