Saturday, December 22, 2007

Bird

Today I was in the bathroom where the door to our basement happens to be (strange but true...that's what you get for living in a 200 year old house). We need to leave the door open so the cat can freely go down there to use her own bathroom. So while I was in there today I heard a rustling in the basement. I assumed it was the cat. Next thing I knew a bird came flapping into the bathroom and right out the door into the rest of the house. Luckily it went right into the play room where the kids weren't. I went in and shut the door and opened two of the windows which happen to not have screens on them. The poor bird was scared to death. His little beak was open like he was all out of breath. He kept flying into the walls and the unopened part of the window. Eventually he landed on the sill (pictured below). I snapped this picture a split second before he flew away. I hope he's back with his family. OH, crap! I hope his family doesn't live in my basement!

No comments: