Monday, January 29, 2007

Day 8

Hospital was fine today. It was my first day by myself and it was totally fine. I was kept plenty busy on the computer emailing people. Chris did end up coming back at 4 and spent the evening with me. It's really not so bad here. I'm fed every two or so hours, I get to watch whatever I want on tv...although channels are limited here, I don't have to clean (or at least not feel guilty for not cleaning). What more could anyone ask for? HAHA

This morning I took a shower and when I got out the nurse was hooking me back up to the iv. I asked her if she could "tie me up" meaning my hospital gown and she replied "well i can't do it now, but I'll come back and do it" I though it was strange that she couldn't take two seconds and do it but oh well. So when she was done hooking up the iv she did a couple other things and I said "are you sure you can't just tie this for me?" and she said with a huge sigh of relief "OH!!! I though you said 'can you tidy up'". The poor thing must have thought I was horrid!! We had a good laugh about it.

We also got to go to the NICU for a tour tonight. We got to see a set of twins that were born the day I was admitted at 32 weeks. They looked great and only had a feeding tube at this point. The girl had her eyes open and was looking at us. I wasn't prepared for how small though. It made me feel good though to know I just need to make it another 2 weeks and I can have babies like that with little help from the docs.

My dad came by for a visit tonight. He was here when we went for the tour so he got to come too.

No comments: