Monday, August 20, 2007

AVP

Since the 2004 summer olympics aired the women's beach volleyball event Chris has been a fan (sadly, not because of the sport itself). We've been watching it on TV ever since. He found out that the AVP tour was making a stop in Boston so he bought tickets. We went yesterday. It was televised on NBC and when we watched it back we actually saw ourselves on TV!!!

Misty May-Treanor has the record for the most team wins and is certainly the most well known player. She was signing autographs after one of the games so I was able to get her to sign a picture for me and for our 9 year old friend Matthew who is currently in the hospital getting better from Leukemia. (Hi Matthew!)
You can visit avp.com if you're interested in finding out more.


Misty (olympic gold medalist) and me (mom of twins...is that close?)



This is a video of Misty May-Treanor winning a point...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, the last Summer Olympic Games took place in 2004. Second, although it is true that the AVP Touring Professionals are fine physical specimens, I am a fan of beach volley ball & have been ever since college, where my fraternity had weekly inter-house tournaments on our own private beach volleyball court. Thridly...Kerry enjoys watching the AVP Tour just as much as I do, but ask her to tell you anything about beach volleyball. Lastly...you mispelled "May-Treanor"

Kerry Lynn said...

Touchy touchy christopher. I fixed the mistakes

K J and the kids said...

Christopher. CHILL ! :)

Ok, so I have to say....that this post inspired me on a COMPLETELY different level than Chritopher.
I just think that Misty MAY TREANOR is hot ! :)
Wished I could have been there to meet her.
Your twins are darling.

KatBouska said...

I was all "what in the hail are they playing volleyball in the winter for!?!"

And then I saw the date. :)

That's so awesome...look how great she looks too. I can't wait till they come to our neck of the woods...which will be never, but a girl can dream. How fun to watch them and yes you're right. I'm totally jealous.