Friday, August 03, 2007

A day at the beach

OK, my kids hate the beach. I spend the whole time calming one down and getting them to sleep in their little tent when the other wakes up screaming and I spend 20 minutes calming that one down and to sleep in the tent when the OTHER one wakes up again! It certainly isn't a relaxing day at the beach. I think it's just too hot for them to be comfortable. Jackson's cheeks get all red. Then they're covered in sand and I forgot the powder to help me get it off.
This time though Madison didn't mind the water. I let it splash over her legs and she even stayed in it a while. Jackson on the other hand HATED it. Although I made the mistake of putting the bumbo a little close to the waves coming up and he got splashed a little as you can see in the pictures of him below...one minute happy, next minute miserable. I tried putting his feet in and he just screamed the whole time. So that was our day at the beach (last week)






2 comments:

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

awwwww.....they are cute!! I love the one of M from behind!! And, that pink leopard print...too cute! Umm, I bet the twins would like my beach with powder white sand. Maybe you should plan a trip to the FL panhandle.

Anonymous said...

These just crack me up! I can't wait to take the twins to the beach for the first time because Mark and I love the beach so much. It won't happen until next summer though. :(