Friday, September 21, 2007

Another attempt

This time I fed them separately and tried applesauce. I don't think they actually ingested any of it! Does this mean they're not ready? Or do I need to keep trying since this is a totally new experience for them? I tried with Jackson for a third time today but got the same horrible face and crabby crying. In Madison's video she gets distracted by the cat then suddenly remembers there's some awful stuff in her mouth.


click here to see
Madison Eating

click here to see Jackson eating

4 comments:

Wendy and Karen said...

For some reason, I can't see the videos. Being a new mommy too, I'm not sure of what to do with the eating situation.

By the way, I would love to learn the action you do in Photoshop to make such great b&w photos.

Have a great weekend and good luck with the eating.

Anonymous said...

Kerry, I am cracking up watching these as Gianna is doing the same exact thing with food. Alex would eat anything from about 4 months on so I am totally at a loss. Just got to keep trying I think. Thanks for your call. This week was crazy but next week will be better and we will get together!-Michelle

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

LOL!!! I guess they aren't a fan of applesauce. J actually shivered when he ate it! Oh - I LOVE the red star on the wall! I want one.

Eva said...

If they're rejecting lots of different tastes, you may want to try waiting a couple of weeks to see if they do better later. Some babies take a bit longer to get rid of the tongue thrust, for instance.

We let S&J hang out in high chairs and play with spoons for a week or so before we started introducing solids, just to get used to it. But we didn't start solids until about 6 1/2 months and they seemed pretty ready at that point.