Thursday, September 13, 2007

Catch up

I need to make up for my silence. Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

Quick story from today. I gave the kids a bath today. Jackson peed in the bath then Madison peed on me after the bath. Now they're napping and I'm sitting here updating my blog in a pee covered tank top and I don't even care.

The days of saying goodbye to Nana were sad but also filled with wonderful times spent with family. Chris's father's family is so wonderful and fun and caring and loving and sarcastic all at the same time. You know when someone makes fun of you, it means they love you. M&J were there for the wake and funeral and burial and the gathering after. They were perfectly behaved though they did let out a few squawks during the Mass, but they weren't upset squawks...just talking. Everyone said they were so glad they were there because it lightened the mood. Plus I think Nana would have wanted them there.


I finally got a photo of Madison that I'm happy with. I should get it in the mail tomorrow and I'll finally be able to bring down all my framed prints to Dr. C's office. I appreciate all the votes. I agreed with the most popular vote but I just wasn't crazy about her smile so I've been on a mission to get a better one. What do y'all think of this one??



Jackson in Uncle Mike's sun glasses. Mike and future Auntie Kristen had gone back to Atlanta last tuesday after a week long stay. It was great to spend time with them but it wasn't nearly enough. The day after they went back, Nana passed away so they were back up here on Thursday. This time we really got to spend a lot of time with them. They also decided they are going to move back up here next summer before the wedding. They were initially planning on moving back in 4 years but decided to move up their plans. We're thrilled about that!


Jackson and Mommy after a nap (yes, my sheets don't match)



The two pictures above were taken at the Deutsche Bank Classic golf tournament. Chris, my dad, and I volunteer to work at it every year. Last year M&J were in my belly during the tournament. It was fun to show them off to people we know there this year. While we were there walking around with M&J (a day we weren't working) Steve Stricker's caddie (who I believe is his brother) stopped to talk to us because he saw the two babies. He practically jumped in front of the stroller and started tickling Madison's feet. He was beaming. Come to find out he has a 3 month old Madelyn. He said they wanted to name her Madison but they are from Madison WI and didn't want to do that to her. (In case you don't know who Steve Stricker is, he is at the top of the point standings for this golf season...up there with Tiger Woods and Phil Mickleson)

Working at the tournament this year was fun as usual. I only worked two days and one day I got to work with a guy that was so much fun. I work a shotlink laser that tracks every shot a player takes. The laser measures distance of the drive and distance to the pin so the announcers know what they're talking about at any given moment. It's a fun job and you get to see all the famous players hit their ball right in front of you. Anyway I worked with Earl one day. He was like a comedian talking to all the spectators. He made the day fly by and my cheeks hurt from laughing so much. One thing that was bad though, that morning I got stung by a bee! Right on my inner upper thigh! I'm always shocked at how much that hurts. I sat there with ice between my legs for the morning!








Tuesday (9/11) I brought the kids to my mother's in the morning so she could watch them while I went to acupuncture. By the time I got back it was POURING. I wanted to wait for it to let up before going back home. I was there until 5! I ended up leaving them there because Chris was going to be working late so we needed someone to watch them. Chris ended up being at work until 10pm! So they stayed overnight at my mom's house. I slept til 11:30 the next day!!!!! Oddly enough I was still tired.




Today was a home day! We went to the grocery store this morning but since then have just been at home playing, eating, bathing, and I put a bunch of food in the crock pot. It smells wonderful I just hope it tastes as good.

hopefully I'll get some videos up now.

3 comments:

Wendy and Karen said...

It's so good to catch up! Love all the pictures. So cute.

Carey said...

That's a great pic of Madison (the one at the top) - great smile!!

seattlegal said...

OMG - how adorable!!!