Saturday, September 15, 2007

First food was not a success



Madison and Jackson got their first food today. I mashed up sweet potatoes with some formula. They looked good in their high chairs for the first time and even looked like they were expecting something. (He looks SO much bigger than her in this picture!)
I started with Madison because she was fussing just sitting there. She didn't seem to mind the food at first. Then I went onto Jackson who proceeded to GRAB the spoon and shove it to his mouth. Once he realized that something stayed in his mouth he wasn't crazy about it. Then Madison started fussing again so I gave her more and this time she made a horrible face like I was feeding her tobasco sauce or something. Jackson was making the same face. So we didn't put a dent in the bowl of potatoes so I froze most of what I made. We'll try again later today so they can start to learn.
The video is a couple minutes long but I think it's cute.


In other big news today, we put in their "big kid" car seats. The carriers were getting way too heavy to carry both at the same time. This is going to change the way I do everything! Is it OK to bring one to the car while the other is contained in the house then leave the other in the car to get the other one? I think I mentioned before that my driveway is COMPLETELY private and most people don't even know there is a house back here, but I still feel weird leaving one in the car while I go get the other one. How do other twin moms do it? I suppose I could put one in the bjorn and carry the other?? I need advice!

Poor Madison got two mosquito bites right on her forehead the other night. They look awful! Almost like blisters.

3 comments:

Eva said...

aw, first food. they are getting so big. S. used to always grab the spoon, too. Sometimes we would give her a second spoon to hold onto so we could get food in. Bananas were a big hit here early on. Some people are afraid to do fruit first, that their kids won't eat veggies later, but the research says that's not true.

We haven't mastered the one parent, 2 into the big car seats thing. I know some parents put one in a backpack but that seems like a lot of work just to get to the car. This is where being able to walk actually makes things easier! Good luck sorting it out.

Wendy and Karen said...

In the video, it looks like Madison took a couple of bites which is awesome for the first time feeding. I know that when I fed Kylie her first vegetable (avocado) it was hard to get the correct consistency. I read that whatever you are serving should run off the spoon like thick cream.

The babies look soooo cute sitting in their highchairs and I love how Jackson stares at his sister while she's eating.

And oh my gosh! The video of Madison laughing is hilarious. I've watched it 3 times and I crack up every time.

Your children are simply fabulous! Good job Mom and Dad!

Anonymous said...

I love 'em in their highchairs too! That first food is a riot-- hopefully they won't treat it all like hot sauce forever!

I feel weird about the carseat thing too. I do one at a time though. We live waaaay out in the country but it's still a big rush to get whoever's inside.