Wednesday, September 26, 2007

September 27, 2007

This week has been crazy. I didn't even have a minute to post their weights from their 6 month checkup.

Jackson = 16 lb 4 oz (25%)
Madison = 13 lb 13 oz (25%)

I don't remember length but know they were also both 25%.



Last friday my friend Stacey (we work together at night) and I started walking together. We both are comitted to get in better shape so we're making specific plans and we're doing it together. I cheated on her on Monday and walked with my mother but we walked Tuesday and Wednesday and have plans for Friday. I'm also trying to incorporate other people into the walks too. Gianna's mom, Michelle came with us on Wednesday and Friday we're going in my neighborhood with another set of twins that I met in the last couple of weeks.


OH, Monday night after the kids went to bed I had fallen asleep at 1:30 and Jackson woke up at 2 crying. I went in and tried to give him a binky but he wouldn't stop crying so I picked him up to rock him to find that he was almost too hot to touch. I didn't even bother taking his temperture, well, because I didn't want to know. I gave him some tylenol of the baby kind and the two of us (intermitantly) slept on the futon in the playroom. After an hour he didn't feel as hot. In the morning I took his temp and it was low. He still wasn't acting like himself though. By Tuesday afternoon he was burning up again and just looked so pathetic. All I wanted to do was lay down and hold him but alas I have another baby who also needs my attention. I gave him more tylenol and he took a good long nap. When he woke up Wednesday morning he was all smiles and cool! I was so happy.


I tried to give Jackson a bite of applesauce today and he did a little better. Michelle left a comment on one of my feeding posts that Gianna was doing the same awful face with food and already she's now loving food! So I'll just keep trying!

Madison has started getting up on her hands and knees from her belly and rocking back and forth. I was able to get it on video this morning.



They're both sitting up better and better every day. The sight of them sitting up totally freaks me out. I'm SO not ready for them to look so old. I feel like my heals are constantly dug into the ground of time and I'm screaming "STOP!" I just love them so much and I'm not ready to have stages of their lives be stages that I will never witness again. Being a mom is hard.

6 comments:

Eva said...

They are so sweet. I love, love, love that first picture of M, and that dress! Weights sound great, right on track.

Sitting up was a huge deal in our house. S&J were so much happier (especially S.) once they could sit up independently. So although changes are rough, that was a great one for us! When that started and before crawling started, those were some of the easiest days we've had as parents, yet!

Anonymous said...

OMG, forget about sitting up....Madison is going to crawl like any minute!! I can't believe that video...she is all over the place....what a little monkey. See it pays to be a little peanut. Easier mobility. -Michelle

Keri said...

They are both so beautiful! & fun! & I can see that you're loving every second!

seattlegal said...

What cuties!!!

Stacie said...

Being a mom is hard, indeed. But, when your babies are as cute as yours as it is a good kind of hard!

Wendy and Karen said...

Love those videos. The whole time Madison was rocking I was saying, "Okay, here she goes, she's going to crawl now!" Wow!

And the laughter videos are priceless. I don't know which I enjoy most--Jackson's laughs or your belly blows.