Monday, August 11, 2008

Girls' Weekend 2008

This year we went to Susan's parents' cottage in Acton, Maine on Balch Pond.  I picked up Susan then met Kristin at Rachael's.  We loaded the car and picked up Brenda around the corner.  The cottage was about an hour and a half away.  We dropped off our stuff and checked the place out.  Then we went into town to have lunch at a little townie place.  We asked where the nearest liquor store was.  The waitress said it was about 30 minutes away.  We followed her directions and an hour later we finally found a grocery store that sold liquor.  So we got all our supplies and headed back to the cottage.  By 5:00 on Friday we were all drunk (except Susan of course).  Much fun was had by all.

This picture pretty much sums up what we did all weekend
(Brenda, Rachael, Kristin, Susan)



The neighbor of the cottage was so nice and gave us a ride on his pontoon boat.  The weather was weird all weekend so we were in and out of showers and it was SO cold!!



The view from the cottage


At the Poor People's Pub in Wakefield, New Hampshire.  When we walked in Saturday night a very familiar girls greeted us.  It was the waitress from the townie place we had lunch at on Friday!

Can't wait for next year!!!!!

7 comments:

Wendy and Karen said...

Looks like a great time!

Anonymous said...

What a fun tradition! It looks like ya'll had a blast.

Weeze said...

Hey, you were up in my neck of the woods!! I grew up in Sanford so I know the area well. Looks like you had a blast:)

Anonymous said...

How fun! It looks like it couldn't have been more perfect. Well, except the weather I guess.

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

Fun!!

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

that looks like too much fun. I do feel badly for Susan. She had to watch all of you drunks. LOL!

Jbeeky said...

Why I love New England. I am going to your next girl trip! I wish I could have found time to swing by and see y'all but maybe next time?