Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Wading pool

I've been wanting to take the kids to a wading pool for a long time now.  I heard of a great one in Topsfield in the Bradley Palmer State Park.  Melanie and Alice met us in the parking lot and we packed up the strollers and walked to the pool.

While we were waiting for Melanie I let the kids out in the parking lot.  We were the only ones in the lot so it was safe.  Of course they both wanted to play in the one mud puddle in the whole lot.  I let them do it knowing we were just going to go in the pool.





Maddie biting a rock


This building is at one of the entrances to the park


Thank god Melanie was there to help me.  She even saved Jackson's life.  M&J were having a hard time staying on their feet so they kept falling forward and going under.  I scooped them both out of the water on many occasions but one time I was occupied with Maddie when Jackson went under.  Thankfully Melanie was right there to help him.  The funny thing was that it didn't phase either of them.  They just kept going.  The pool was awesome!  It was a no entry pool so it was like the beach.  The deepest part was about 2 feet.  There was also a large turtle in the middle and a big mushroom fountain.

Alice enjoying herself



They both got cold very easily.  Maddie's lips were blue!


Melanie was also very handy with the camera which is nice since there are hardly any pictures of me with the kids!  I ended up getting their floatie things and that was a lot less stressful for me.  


Melanie took this picture of Maddie



It was very very fun but I think next time I'll make sure I have a dedicated assistant who doesn't have her own baby to worry about!
Thanks Mel, I couldn't have done it without you!!!!


4 comments:

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

I'm jealous. That looks like a great wading pool and park. The pic of Maddie with the blue lips is so pitiful. :( Aww..

Wendy and Karen said...

Looks like a fabulous wading pool. That building is beautiful.

And seeing the kids wading was great. (even though Maddie was so cold). That last picture, Jackson has a look on his face like, "What is wrong with you my sister?!"

D said...

Next time you go, let us know. We're right up the street!

Anonymous said...

Aw! Love watching your munchkins grow Kerry. We had the same problem recent when I took the kids to a splash pad with a friend-- they love to get in trouble when you're occupied with the other one.

I posted your montage (from Jackson's scrapbook) on the twins thread so they could see it-- let me know if you want me to take it off. It's so cute and I'm jealous that I didn't keep up with the pictures when I was preggo.
S