Thursday, October 08, 2009

Applecrest Farm

Two weekends ago a bunch of us went up to Applecrest Farm in New Hampshire (I have no idea where but it's near Seabrook). We went last year too and it was pretty crowded but it was cold. This year we left Chris home because he was miserable last year. This year it was much warmer which means it was much more crowded. Grandma, Nana, the twins and I drove in one car and Uncle Mike, Auntie Kristen and Raffe drove in another. Once we got there we split up and got in separate lines. Half of us went in the food line which took about 45 minutes and the other half went in the cider donut line which took just as long. We were amazed at the amount of people that were there.


This is where we ate...
IMG_2439 (1 of 1)


Then we made our way to the petting zoo. This is what I was looking forward to because I wanted to see how the kids reacted. At first Madison was into it but after a few minutes she wanted to leave.
IMG_2445 (1 of 1)

I stayed in with Jackson and literally had to pick him up crying to get him out of there. He was heartbroken to leave. He just loved the animals.
IMG_2455 (1 of 1)
He kept trying to get face to face with the animals even if it meant him getting on the ground.
This cow was so cute.
IMG_2460 (1 of 1)


How precious is this??
IMG_2463 (1 of 1)

IMG_2468 (1 of 1)

When he wasn't trying to look them in the eye he was trying to pick them up.
IMG_2470 (1 of 1)
I felt so bad taking him away I almost cried myself.

But everyone was patiently waiting outside the area to go pick apples.
Mike and Raffe were climbing trees to get the good ones for Nana to cook up.

IMG_2486 (1 of 1)

Of course once M&J saw Raffe in the tree they had to get in on it too.
IMG_2490 (1 of 1)
All they could do was hold on for dear life.
IMG_2493 (1 of 1)

Kristen and Alyssa
IMG_2498 (1 of 1)

IMG_2510 (1 of 1)

IMG_2512 (1 of 1)


Kisses for Alyssa. He just loves his baby cousins.
IMG_2514 (1 of 1)

We didn't stay too long and then headed home.

I think the only time I would go back there would be on a week day but I'm not sure if the animals and food are there during the week.
___________________________________________________
We're off to our third Topsfield Fair tomorrow!!! I can't wait!


No comments: