Wednesday, March 28, 2007

VERY first picture of the twins




At the time of the transfer last July 22nd, the Doctor showed us a picture of the two embryos he was placing into my uterus. He said that in a couple weeks if I found out I was pregnant that I could have that photo. After getting pregnant I ran away from that place so fast you could see the cloud of dust I left behind me. Not that I wasn't grateful for what they had done for me...it was just too emotional to think of all I had been through in that building.

A girl/woman I went to middle school and high school with (Renee) happens to work at the fertility clinic I spent so much time at. A few days after arriving at home with the twins I received a card in the mail from Renee congratulating us on the birth of Madison and Jackson. Enclosed in the card was the photo I had put off calling for for 8 months and quite frankly had forgotten all about. It took me by complete surprise and I cried pretty hard.

4 comments:

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

Those are the most beautiful 8-cell embryos I have ever seen!! What a great surprise to get in the mail!

Anonymous said...

That is so incredible to have such a first pic of your babies! I wish my clinic had given me one of my IVF miracle as an 8-cell embaby!

I've only just stumbled upon your blog....and read just about all of it from start to finish! It was much easier to read already knowing the outcome...two healthy, gorgeous babies. Congratulations to the new parents!

I do hope all traces of the dreaded PPD are gone very very soon.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an amazing memento! At this point in your journey I'm sure it's amazing to reflect back at the feelings that prevailed before.

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Figuratively speaking your children have been delivered to you not by the stork, but the United States Postal Service. I would say they have done a great job! ;o)

In all seriousness... What a way to bring your experience full circle.

Melissa