Friday, March 30, 2007

Worst Mom Ever :-(

I'm the worst mother EVER!!!!! At least that's the way I feel. Nana and Papa were here visiting and I decided to try to clip the twins nails since they were sleeping in each of their arms. I got Madison's fine then I went to do Jackson's and after one clip he started screaming!! I thought he was just mad that I woke him up then I decided to look and I had clipped the tip of his finger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got so sick to my stomach and I had to go away. It wasn't even bleeding when I looked at it but I have never been so horrified in my life!! Chris handled it from there and I went into the kitchen and sobbed!! When I pulled myself together I came back in the living room and he was bleeding like crazy!! Chris held a cloth to it for a good 20-30 minutes and it still wouldn't stop. Finally they decided to tape a small cloth to it. After leaving that on for an hour I wanted to check it again cause it had totally bled through. It wasn't actively bleeding anymore but we changed the bandage. They're in bed now. Hopefully it doesn't bleed through again. Jackson really was a trooper the only reason he cried was when Chris was holding his hand against his will. Once the bandage was on he took his binky and went to sleep.
I feel so awful!!


I added some new pictures here
Feel free to leave comments on the images. I love to read them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lurker here. I did the same thing to my girl when she was a newborn. It killed me too =( It made also wonder how on earth a mother could purposely hurt their children. UGH. You will be surprised how fast it heals. And try not to be too hard on yourself. Things like that happen.

You have beautiful babies .. enjoy them!

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

Your pics are sooo cute! My faves...you with both babies on you (on the couch) & daddy and Jackson pooped from playstation! I don't ntice how tiny they are until I see how big the pacifiers are!! They are soooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kerry! It's Susan Marie. I check your blog every so often as I'm sure you've noticed. Your babies are gorgeous!

First: Regarding the nail clipping accident, I will admit I've done it TWICE. I'm so very careful, but I've done it twice now - both times to poor Cody. Let me tell you, it does bleed forever, just to make you feel worse of course. LOL. He didn't cry either. So, even though I understand why you feel bad, it happens to everyone or that's what they all told me. :-)

Second: I love the first pic of the babies. I have my pic from my day of transfer too. Your story brought back great memories.

I hope you are feeling better. I promise again, it gets so much fun. As I'm sitting here, Cody is giggling and laughing at whatever it is Heather is "saying" to him. Your two will be enjoying each other soon enough. Take care!

Shannon said...

Oh great...I have been trying to build up the courage to trim Carson's nails and then I read about your experience! :) I am thinking about just trying to file them down, but even that scares me.

P.S. You are definitely not the worst mom ever!