Saturday, April 24, 2010

First beach day of 2010

A few weeks ago the weather was forecasting 80 degrees for the next day. Auntie Kristen and I decided to take the kids to the beach. I got to Good Harbor with M&J around 10 am. It was nowhere near 80 degrees. I didn't bring towels because I didn't think they would go in the water since I knew it would be freezing. The only thing I had to keep us warm was the blanket that I brought to sit on.

Even though it was so cold M&J just wanted to put their feet in the water.

They were running away from the waves. This is what the kids were doing when I was sitting on my blanket and was approached by a woman walking on the beach. She said, "Don't you think you should be watching them more closely?" I said, "I'm pretty sure they're fine. We've done this before." She said, "I just think you should be closer, you never know what kids are going to do." While I understood what she was saying I said, "I know my kids pretty well and I know they are fine." She said OK with an attitude and walked away.

We were there for about an hour when Kristen and her cousin Melissa and baby Alyssa joined us. Our friend Rhiannon and baby Carter came a little later too. Around noon time the chill in the air finally started to go away and it turned into a beautiful day.

After the beach we went back to Kristen's house and hung out in the yard once Raffe got home from school.

There once was a little girl, with a little curl, right in the middle of her forehead...

No comments: