Friday, April 01, 2011

March 17th. Their fourth birthday :-S

The day of their birthday this year was horribly bitter-sweet. Early that morning my parents had to say goodbye to their dog Tillie. My mom had called me early to tell me that it might be happening so while the kids were in school I was just waiting for her phone call. I was at the library next door to their school when she called. All I heard was crying. I had to leave the building because I was crying so hard. I remember sitting on the steps outside sobbing out loud. No one even asked if I was ok.
I had to pick up the kids shortly after that. I was dreading having to tell them. After getting some advice I decided to tell them that she was gone. It didn't even phase them. HA!
Chris had taken the day off so we went right home to be with him. We ran some errands and had a nice day together but I was was toast from the crying. We had grandma and grandpa, papa (nana was in florida), auntie Kristen, Alyssa and Raffe over for cake after dinner.
IMG_5318 (4 of 18)

4th Birthday at home (5 of 18)

IMG_5321 (6 of 18)

IMG_5322 (7 of 18)

Jackson and Raffe were in the corner of the chair wrestling.
IMG_5327 (8 of 18)

Celebrating Madison and Jackson's 4th birthday (9 of 18)

I crashed hard that night.

2 comments:

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

Happy birthday to the twins!

Wendy and Karen said...

I'm so sorry you lost your Tillie.

The twins look adorable in their green for their birthdays. It's amazing that they are four! It seems like just a year ago when they were born.

Great job Kerry for another successful year with twins!