Saturday, March 17, 2012

60 Months old

I'm pretty sure I stopped sharing my monthly photos but that doesn't mean I stopped taking them.  I did however decide that 60 months would be my last one.  At this point they aren't changing that much and I think 60 is impressive enough.

We had a great day today.  We started off the day at our favorite breakfast place where Madison ordered a hello kitty pancake and Jackson ordered a light saber pancake.  Outside the place has a nice wooden swing so I made the kids sit there so I could take their pictures.  I love 5.  Look how easy this was!

After breakfast we took them to Salem to go to a comic book store.  They absolutely adored all of the super hero items.  They both loved it there.  Chris picked out some $1 comics for them and then we decided on a whim to go to an irish pub for a guinness.  At noon it was already pretty crowded!  After we sat down I heard someone yell "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"  It was Uncle Mike and Auntie Kristen who were on the first location of a pub crawl.

After that we went to Toys R Us so they could pick out their present.  All the stuff they like was buy one get one 50% off.  Jackson is in love with super heroes now so he chose foam hulk gloves and wolverine claws.  Madison had really been wanting the strawberry shortcake cafe.  It was on sale for $20 from $35 plus we were able to get her the rainbow dash my little pony so soft newborn.....


that has HER PICTURE ON THE BACK OF IT for 50% off!!!  Since the lady I spoke to on the phone said that the girl on the back had brown hair and blue eyes, I was completely shocked to see Madison on the back of the box when I turned it over.  Her eyes are CLEARLY brown on the box!  I'm not really sure what kind of noise came out of my mouth but I RAN over to where Chris and the kids were.  It was so exciting!!!
We went home for a couple of hours after that and they played with their toys.  Then it was time for dinner.  We went back to the same place in Salem but this time we actually ate food...and had another guinness.  Don't worry the kids just split one.  Sheesh, what kind of mother do you think I am??

When we got home it was right to bed!  Tomorrow is their birthday party and my mom's birthday.  She's turning 60!!!

No comments: