Saturday, April 07, 2007

April 7, 2007

Today the three of us and my mother drove into Boston to meet some more people. For those of you reading who don't know me I'll give a little background. My father's good friend Fred owns a sports marketing and event management company. Every year John Hancock employs his company Tracs to set up and run an athlete village for the elite runners of the Boston Marathon. Since Tracs is a very small company they recruit volunteers. I first volunteered in 1998 and met an incredible group of people. Normally I move into the village a week or so before the marathon and live there until a couple of days after. This year I obviously have my hands full and don't really feel like spending two weeks away from my beautiful children. Since I started volunteering I got Chris's mother and sister involved too. My cousin also volunteers and my aunts and uncles have volunteered in the past as well.

Since this tuesday all of the athletes from all over the world will be arriving at the village, i had to get the twins in to meet everyone before that. We have had issues in the past of strange illnesses being brought in by the athletes or their agents.

So, while we were there they got to meet everyone for about a half hour before they all had to go back into a meeting. Chris's mother and sister and my friend Adele (picture to the right) ended up blowing off the meeting and holding M&J while they slept. I met Adele 4 years ago when she was an intern for Tracs. We hit it off right away and even though I haven't seen or talked to her in almost two years (she moved to Chile for a year and a half), it was like no time had passed. We kept up to date on eachother thanks to blogger (what a world we live in). If you want you can read about her adventures in Chile here . Now that she is back in the area living with a man she dragged back from Chile, we have to hang out more!

I also realized I had no pictures of M&J with Chris's mother!!! so we snapped a few today. This one has my mother (Grandma) on the left and Chris's mother (Nana) on the right. Now, do they really look like they are old enough to be grandparents?? They are the same age and I guess I'll spare them and not tell. Oh, and that is my mother's natural hair color...she has no grey hair!

So, my father has a workstation set up at the athlete village office. I had to take a picture of it cause it's just too cute (click on it to see it bigger).
Oh, and today they had an orientation meeting where they watch a training video of what goes on during the week. My dad came up with the idea to make a fake video that looked like it was going to be about the marathon but then have it be a bunch of pictures of the twins. So I made one up quick the other night and he was able to sneak it in to play for everyone before the real video. Apparently everyone got a good laugh out of it.

No comments: