Saturday, April 19, 2008

13 Months

Dear Madison and Jackson,

You both have been so wonderful this month. Sleep is good, eating is good, playing is good. You have an occasional bad sleep day and an occasional food ban day and a few fights over toys but that's all to be expected. This month you had your second Easter. I just can't believe that we are now working on your "seconds" when your "firsts" seem like yesterday. The fact that I have 13 month old babies just blows my mind. How did this all happen so fast?This month you both started getting really upset when someone leaves. It's heartbreaking to see your sad faces knowing that you think the person is never coming back. And it's even harder to be the person leaving :-(The schedule lately has been wake up at 9am, eggs, toast and fruit for breakfast, 11-12ish nap, lunch, play/go out, 4-6 nap, Daddy feeds you dinner, play, bed at 9. This past week you were up at 7:30 in the morning but I hope that was just a fluke.
I was very busy this past month designing Auntie's wedding invitations and addressing 140 envelopes and 140 inner envelopes. Sorry if I wasn't as attentive as I usually am.
Some things we've added to your menu are kidney beans, black beans, zucchini pancakes.
You both now clap a lot and Daddy taught you to give him five. You still crack each other up.
One day you both decided to drink from your sippy cups.  Just like you always knew how to do it.  Now you enjoy milk and water all day long.


Dear Jackson,

You are just the best little boy ever. You are so happy and smiley. You have been so much better about eating food now. You'll eat pretty much anything I give you. The only problem is that you don't take any time to chew and swallow your food before you put another piece in. You pick up pieces with both hands and stuff them in your mouth. I keep thinking that eventually you will learn that you shouldn't do that but so far you are just fine with it.
You are not interested in standing up if you're not holding onto something. You've even started to walk across the room on your knees! You have no teeth.I gave you your first hair cut. It took a little getting used to because it was such a difference from how long it had gotten but you look so handsome now. Your hair even seems a little lighter now.
I love how easy it is to get you to laugh. All I have to do is whip my head around and look at you and you crack up! The other day you were standing in your crib after a nap. I got Madison up and brought her face up to yours then took her back. You laughed so hard I almost dropped Madison because I was laughing so hard. Each time I did it you laughed harder and harder.
You started the most adorable chatter in the last week. The only "word" you say is da da. Most of the time you say "a da".
I decided one day to try one of Madison's size 3 diapers on you and it fit!! But we put you in size 6 to get you through the night. You wear size 12-18 months clothes.You absolutely love to meet new people. You just love it when people come up to you in the grocery store. You crinkle your nose and smile and kick your feet. And of course they go nuts over you.


Dear Madison,My peanut. You started really chanting da DA lately. One day Auntie was saying "AUNTIE" (like she used to say to my belly when you were still in there) and you looked straight at her and said "daDA". You strongly accentuate the second da. We don't know why but it's so cute!
You have recently become attached to the huge bear that Daddy bought you for Valentine's day. You snuggle with it in your crib. Daddy practically cries happy tears when he sees you so happy with something that he gave you.
You are a great eater. You take your time and eat mostly everything I give you. You were slow to warm up to eggs but you love them now.
You wear size 3 diapers and 12 month clothes. Today I pulled out a dress that looked like it may fit you. It was size 3-6 months and it fit like a glove!
You absolutely love it when I jump out and say "boo!" You jump a mile and crack up! You run away and come back for more.
You are very personable and loud and happy when we are home but when we go out you are very serious. You also don't like me to put you down. Once we've been there a while you totally warm up and eventually you don't need me at all and will walk away even to the point where you can't even see me anymore.
Your hair is getting so long. I'm now able to put it in pig tails. It's very curly and definitely red.

1 comment:

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

Those photos are stunning!!