Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Update on Girl Talk

Today not the best day.

Chris came home to watch the kids while I went for my IUD removal. I had written down the appointment for 11:20. So off I go to the hospital about 15 minutes away. There was a lull in the awful rain we've been having here for the last 24 hours. I get to the office to find out that my appointment is actually at 1:30. Wondering how on earth I was so far off I made my way back home. I was NOT in a good mood.

There was still no one else to watch the kids if I went back at 1:30 so Chris said he would stay. I felt bad that he missed half the day of work.

So I left the house again at 1:00 so that I could hit the bank and get some gas on the way. At that point the rain had totally started again. When I got to the hospital it was raining so hard there were massive puddles everywhere. I ran as fast as I could to the building but there was no hope of staying dry. The bottom half of my jeans were drenched! There's not much more uncomfortable than cold, wet denim.

This time I was there at the right time. The called me in at exactly 1:30 (how often does that happen??). When I made the appointment they said that the doctor would need to remove the IUD guided by ultrasound but when I got into the exam room and the doctor came in he was just going to go for it. He tried on his own first which was rather unpleasant. He couldn't get it so into the ultrasound room we moved. OH. MY. GOD. the pain. It probably only took 3 minutes for him to grab hold of it, but that was three minutes of him moving an object around in my uterus. Luckily he got it because he said if he couldn't that I was going to need a D&C! Luckily I've never had one of those but I can't imagine I would want one.

I'm home now, Chris is back at work, the kids are fed and are playing in their room. Sounds like they're emptying their drawers of their clothes. Oh, yeah, and I'm eating cookies. I feel like I have really bad cramps.

Oh, and I knew the doctor was going to tell me the IUD had absolutely nothing to do with my weight gain and of course told me that I can't believe what I read on the internet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww Kerry- that sounds awful! I hope that you feel better!!!!!

~Court

Wendy and Karen said...

Yikes! That sounds so painful. Hope you are feeling better.