Monday, April 21, 2008

Yes, that would be Lance Armstrong

I was at the warm up area near the start of the Boston Marathon this morning.  There was a group of people standing around and one of the guys looked familiar to me.  I  couldn't place him though.  Then it hit me like a ton of bricks.  Holy crap!  It's Lance Armstrong!!!  He was so gracious and nice to let us snap a few photos of him even though he was there to run the marathon!  He is even cuter in person!


Me with Lance


Eileen and Noreen, partners in crime and a little smitten


Lance at the finish with the legendary marathoner Joan Beonit Samuelson



8 comments:

Gemini Girl said...

How awesome was that!

He seems like a really nice guy.

Anonymous said...

Lance lives here in Austin, and every one seems to have a Lance story. I ran into him at a deli when I was massively pregnant with the twins. He put his hand on my belly and we talked about life with twins (he has twins too).

But lately there have been a lot of bad reports and stories about him here...throwing drinks in the faces of waiters, etc. So the tide has turned against him in Austin, but he was nice when I met him.

Oh and I met his ex-wife while we were both waiting to see our OB/GYN. I kinda felt bad for her because it must be hard to go places and hear people loudly whispering 'That's Lance Armstrong's ex-wife! I wonder what happened.'

Okay...this was totally rambling. :) I like the pics.

Kerry Lynn said...

OH DAMN! I wish I had known he had twins! I would have actually have something to talk to him about rather than just being a dork.
I believe I remember your Lance story but I forgot! Hey that's kind of cool, we've both touched the same guy even though we've never met :-)

Courtney said...

WOW That is so cool! I would have loved to be in your place!!!!! You will have to tell dh all about it when we come up to visit for the Timberman.

Kerry Lynn said...

When is that?? did we talk about that and I don't remember??

Anonymous said...

Well, look at you!! What great fun!

Anonymous said...

i came here through entrecard. i read your journey to get pregnant. all i can say is wow! that was truly a blessing from God. i'm so happy for you. =D

Anonymous said...

Okay that comment about us being touched by the same guy even though we've never met is a little creepy...and hilarious! :)