Sunday, July 05, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!

We went to our friend Kristin's parents' house. As soon as we walked in the yard they were both whining to go in the pool. Since we've had no sun around here in forever and the temp has been pretty cool the pool was COLD! I went in anyway and had a ball swimming around with Madison and Jackson and Olivia.





We got these great hand me down floatie things from Olivia. They worked out perfectly for Jackson. He was even able to swim completely on his own while wearing it. For some reason when I let go of Maddie she would roll over onto her back so I had to hold onto her. She wasn't loving the water like Jackson was although she did enjoy jumping in.







At one point Chris and I were standing on the patio of the pool. No one was in the pool. Madison had been sitting on the side of the pool with her feet in the water. She decided to get up. She lost her balance and fell right in the pool. My back was to her but thank God Chris saw her go in and was able to quickly grab her leg and pull her out. All I saw when I turned around was Maddie sprawled out in the water, going under with a terrified look on her face. She was pretty upset once she was out but she was fine.

Jackson was wiped out after all that swimming. He was so tired that he snuggled with Kristin for a pretty long time. She was in heaven :-) They're usually pretty squirmy (Jackson) or too shy (Madison) to let anyone hold them.


Liv and me.



My parents also had a party at their house so we went there after Kristin's. Nana and Papa were also there.




The kids didn't sleep at all! They were toast by the time we left my parents house.


Since it was FINALLY a nice day we drove around in the jeep with the top down. It's pretty breezy on the highway!
Jackson doesn't seem to mind it...


But Maddie could go either way.


1 comment:

Wendy and Karen said...

Such great pictures! The one of you and Liv is my favorite.

I can practically feel the wind on the top-down pictures.