Thursday, October 06, 2011

Hasbro Details

I can't believe I never ended up posting about the details of Madison's first job at Hasbro.

The job was about an hour and a half away in Rhode Island on July 12th and we needed to be there at 8:30.  I was pretty worried about making my way through Boston rush hour traffic AND Providence so Madison and I were on the road at 6:30 am.  We got there at 7:30 :-)  They let us in and go to the "green room" which I thought was funny.  They had a table of food and coffee for us and toys and coloring stuff for the kids.  Two other girls the same age came at 8:30.  Madison ended up being taken first to get her hair and makeup and clothes done.  Everyone was really nice and Madison was so happy.  Once she was ready they said they were going to take her to the set and I would have to back to the green room and wait because parents weren't allowed on set.  The building was a massive empty warehouse that was so hot!  I asked if I could at least go see what the set looked like since I had never seen one before.  She said that would be fine but then I'd need to leave.

Once we made our way through the maze of props to the other end of the warehouse we found this adorable girl room set with a bookshelf, a pretty chair and a window with pretty curtains.  They were all ready for her and they took her right onto the set.  They had her sit on the floor and they handed her a my little pony baby plush toy.  After shooting that one for a while they handed her a dragon baby plush toy.  There were tons of people there and where it was so dark all around the set no one really noticed I was there.  Madison was completely oblivious to me so I think no one was worried about the fact that I was still there so I just stayed and watched the whole thing. People kept coming up to me and telling me how great she was and how she was listening to direction the best they had ever seen.  One person told me that the pressure was off to get a great shot because they already had one!  I was worried because she was smiling really stiffly.  One lady assured me she was doing fantastically, after all, she wasn't crying!

When she was done we went back to the green room to gather our stuff and go home.

The tough thing with these jobs is that no one tells you when the product is out or if their image is being used so I have to try to keep my eyes open.  These toys are due out in the spring!  It's amazing to see how long the process of launching a toy is!

No comments: