Friday, January 20, 2012

The best and the worst

I forget where I was or who I was with but I believe Jackson may have been acting a tad whiny. I was showing my annoyance and someone reminded me (I definitely already knew this) that kids feel so comfortable with us that they feel like they can completely let go in front of us (parents). As much as I knew this I don't think it really sunk in until that moment. It's really hard to be grateful they feel so close to you when the entire store is staring at you because your four year old is screaming at the top of their lungs. That will never be fun. But it did get me thinking on the flip side that some of their sweet behavior is only displayed for parents too. Not only that but things like singing and dancing. Things they would be too embarrassed to do in front of others I get to witness (unless I secretly video it and share it on the inter web). I can't help but feel like the luckiest person in the world that I get to be a part of their world like no one else. Oh and the snuggles and the out of nowhere kisses on the cheek and telling me how beautiful I am. I melt just thinking about it. As much as they love their grandparents and aunts and uncles they save those special things for Chris and me and I am severely grateful for that...even the tantrums.

No comments: