Wednesday, March 19, 2008

MeMe

Eva tagged me for a meme.  I'm not going to tag anyone else because everyone I know has already done it or I think wouldn't want to.  So here are 7 facts about me!

1. I work at the same company as Chris, in the same department, and even do some of his work. We work opposite shifts though.


2. I was on an episode of "Ask this old house" during it's first season. We had a drippy bathtub faucet and I wrote into the show. I was shocked when someone named Chris Dick left a message on my phone. I thought for sure it was a joke. But it wasn't and a week later the crew and Rich Trethewey were filming at my house. Chris (my chris) wanted nothing to do with it so it was all me! It was a lot of fun and Rich is a really great guy. We were cracking each other up and had to reshoot many scenes. The thing that surprised me about this seemingly unscripted show is how the director told me what to say for the most part. I was able to embellish but he would prompt me to ask questions of Rich that I never would have thought to ask. The director also wanted me to call Rich by name. For instance "Why is the faucet dripping, Rich?" which is so horribly un-natural that I refused to do it. I find it hard to watch these shows now because it's so distracting to me to know that they are being prompted to say what they are saying.

This episode is actually a famous one.  The other segment they filmed was at the home of Kevin O'Connor who they liked so much they offered him the job of host for the show! He's been the host ever since. If only I had known they were looking maybe I would have called Rich by name more often :-)

It's funny because not everyone I know knows I did this and occasionally I'll get a phone call, "I just saw you on TV!!"


3. I got Tiger Woods' autograph (along with lots of other pro golfers) which is REALLY hard to do. Apparently he only signs autographs for kids because he knows the adults will just sell it on ebay. Not this adult.


4. I can't wear contacts because I have a vagal response to things touching my eyes. When they are in I immediately feel the overwhelming urge to go to sleep. I literally can't keep my eyes open. My only way to not wear glasses would be lasik which I desperately want but of course can't afford.


5. My absolute dream is to be a full time photographer but I can't get clients without paying big for advertising (craigslist doesn't work).

6.  My favorite TV shows (past and present) are, Lost, Heroes, American Idol, six feed under, L Word, opra's big give, How I met your mother, two and a half men, til death, rules of engagement,  my so called life, Tila Tequila, Lipstick Jungle.

7.  I am extremely stubborn and will pretty much do the exact opposite you ask of me.  And I absolutely hate to be asked to do something before I got a chance to do it on my own.  That sends me into complete tantrum mode.


2 comments:

Wendy and Karen said...

This was great! Thanks for sharing!

I like your new blog template. The blue swirl is very cool.

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

You are fun. Now I want to see that episode! Can it be found on the web? Remind me to NEVER ask you to do something. I don't want to see your tantrums! :o)