Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Rough nights again

The last two nights I've been up with babies. As usual it's Jackson waking up. The first night Maddie was spared but not last night. I didn't get much sleep.

The last couple weeks have been great. Sometimes I'd hear someone crying from the other room but it would eventually stop. But the last two nights he's gotten more and more upset and is obviously not going to calm himself down so I have to go get him. There is no such thing as consoling him and leaving...that just makes him REALLY angry. The minute I pick him up he falls asleep in my arms but if I put him down he wakes up and screams again. I did that 4 times the first night. After an hour I was pretty aggravated so I was just going to let him cry but Chris didn't want that so he got up, got him to sleep, put him down and he stayed asleep and slept til 9am!

Last night I just put him in bed with Chris because Maddie was awake too and I couldn't deal with both of them. I took her to the living room and fell asleep with her on the big chair. I woke up some time later to find her wide eyed staring at me. I put her back in her crib awake and didn't hear a peep from her until 9am. Jackson slept the rest of the night in our bed and woke up at 8.



He does seem to be getting a cold which is what fouled up his perfect sleeping habits in January. Hopefully it doesn't get too bad.


Edited to add that last night was even worse. He woke up around 1am. We tried everything to get him back to sleep. I finally gave him some motrin and brought him to the couch and he fell asleep sitting up around 3. We woke up at 8 when Chris got up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kerry, HAPPY BIRTHDAY M & J!!
I just sent you an email through your blog but meant to do it this way. Could be the milk you are giving Jackson that has him up a night. Check your email. -Michelle

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

Oh Kerry!! I am so sorry you are having baby sleeping problems! Do you think J is starting get some teeth moving?? Maybe that's just it....you poor thing!