Wednesday, March 19, 2008

One year check-up

I forgot to post about it.  It was on their actual birthday.  They only got one vaccine (varicella) because something about regulations changing and they wanted to wait to see what they were before giving them the whole slew of shots they were supposed to get.  Then she informed me that they needed to draw blood for the lead test.  Why does no one tell me these things before hand??  I was totally taken by surprise and I got all hot and anxious and nauseous when she said they'd have to draw it from their hand.  Luckily Nana and Auntie were with me so I was able to leave the room.  I just couldn't stomach it.  I could hear Madison SCREAMING for so long from the waiting room.  It was just torture for both of us I'm sure.  Then they took in Jackson.  I heard him too but he wasn't quite as bad as her.  The nurse said she wasn't even sure if she got enough blood from Madison and I might have to take her to the hospital to do it again!!!  They took a nap as soon as we got home and they were pretty whiny when they got up.

So anyway, they're perfectly healthy...no ear infections.

Jackson's stats:  Length 29.5 25%  Weight 20lb 15%  Head 18.25  50%

Madison's stats: Length 28.25 25%  Weight 17lb 5%  Head 17.5 25%


3 comments:

Eva said...

I think the blood draws are worse than the shots. Glad you all survived.

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

That sucks...but it's probably a good idea to get the lead test since you live in an older home (at least I think you do)

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

that is awful!!

What are the new regulations for vaccines going to be?? Is it b.c of the concern of a link between the MMR and autism?