Monday, March 31, 2008

Updates

I haven't written too much about what the kids are up to these days. They've been doing really cute things.


Madison absolutely loves it when you jump out at her and scare her. Her whole body flinches and then she squeals with laughter, runs away laughing then comes back for more. I say "BOO" when she comes around the corner then "I'm gonna get you" as she's running away. We do it for so long and I laugh so hard I usually end up having an asthma attack.


Today baby Max came over for a visit. The kids have some matching outfits so we attempted a photo shoot. At one point we had all three of them on the couch in their bear suits (Max's was a hand-me-down from Jackson). Max was in the middle and Maddie and Jackson were on either side of him. They wouldn't stop looking at each other and laughing! It was such a crack up.


Also today while Max slept on my chest (AHHHHH) M & J were playing peek-a-boo around a door frame and laughing hysterically.


Madison quite literally doesn't stop walking all day long. She is constantly on the move clutching a toy or binky in one or both hands and sometimes also in her mouth.


Jackson STILL has no teeth. He really isn't interested in walking or even standing unsupported.


Eating has gotten a lot better. They are both willing to eat just about anything I put in front of them. Just today I started putting more than one piece of food on their tray and they did ok. Before they would put ALL of it in their mouth so I had to dole it out in individual bites. One day last week they both decided they were going to use sippy cups for their intended purpose rather than a chew toy. Just like that. They started sucking. Now they love to drink milk out of their sippy cups. Some of our staples at meal time are eggs, rye bread/toast, plain yogurt, zuchini pancakes (frozen and they LOVE them), black beans, grilled cheese, banana, strawberries, blueberries, carrots, sweet potato (although they both boycotted that today). I'm trying to work in whole wheat pasta but so far they haven't been a fan. I'll keep working at it though.


Sleep is finally (knock on wood) back to normal. No more tantrums or crying for 45 mintues at bedtime or naps. No more waking in the night (as far as I can tell). They've been going to bed around 9 and waking around 8:30-9. This is what I've been waiting for!!!

We had our first poop incident in the tub last week courtesy of Madison.  Jackson was already out of the tub so I only had to rewash her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SOOO jealous of the sippy cup thing. Mine just hate them. Period. My aunt thinks I should just force the issue by refusing to give them bottles for a whole day; only sippy cups. She said, "If they are thirsty enough, they will figure it out quickly." What do you think?

Glad to hear the sleep is back to normal. It took us a full year for the kiddos to do good at bedtime and nap time, and sleep through. What a huge difference it has made!

You should get a video of Madison doing that. It sounds so cute!

Don't worry about Jackson. Carson is 13 1/2 months old and completely toothless too! :)

P.S. Have M & J started stealing food from each other's trays yet?

Haley & Abigail Christian said...

Haley is still all gums, too!! As far as sippy cups, it took me 10 MONTHS to get Haley to drink from a BOTTLE. Then one day I offered her a sippy cup (for fun) and juslike that she knew how to do it. Two days later I attempted a straw and VOILA she knew how to do that too! These kids and their accomplishments! Off to vote for Jackson!

Jeanne The Queen said...

LOL re: poop in the tub. This is C's very favorite place to poop. She does it on a regular basis. It's so annoying and gross! I'm glad to see that they are sleeping again, it gives me hope. ditto with the sippy cups. you are just a few months ahead so I think I can hold on... oh, and we still don't have any teeth here either. I'm ok with that since they are still nursing and well, ouch!