Tuesday, June 17, 2008

15 Months

Dear Madison and Jackson,

This month has been so much fun watching you interact more. It's also been a little harder because you can both be whiny at times. Plus your interactions have also become violent. You fight over toys a lot. I try to let you work it out on your own for the most part but when you start to tackle each other and attempt to bite I have to step in. There has been a lot more crying because of that.
You both LOVE chairs. When Daddy puts on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse you both have to get your chairs. At Grandma and Grandpas there are little antique chairs all over and you love to sit in them. They also have a little plastic play chair that has a side table attached that plays music and you fight over who gets to sit in that.
You both love to point to people's noses, eyes and mouths. You even do it to each other. I worry about eye poking though.
Meal time is still a nightmare. We've had to regress to jarred veggies in order to make sure you're getting a balanced meal. You both love fruit, cheese, yogurt. Everything else is pretty much hit or miss.
I've been noticing lately that we don't get as much attention when we go out. I've always enjoyed the attention because I'm so proud of you and I love it when other people acknowledge how awesome you are. I miss it so much and I find myself getting offended that people just walk by.
Since the nice weather has been here we've been going out in the yard to hang out. The yard is all fenced in except for the driveway. The problem is that you both immediately bolt toward the driveway so it's not enjoyable to be out there. Daddy decided he was going to build a gate that lets us close off the driveway. It's not the prettiest thing but it works! Now I'm able to do some light gardening or weeding while you both play in the yard.
You are both still perfect when we go out. Anytime you're being whiny at home I'll take you out shopping or for a walk so I can get some peace.
You both babble like crazy to each other. You will yell from one room to the other like you're actually saying something. It's so cute. You both also talk to the kitty when she meows.
We're in the transition stage from two naps to one. Some days we can get away with one but others you still need two.
It's impossible for me to eat anything without you both wanting some. I have to try to hide when eating.
You both play independently and love to get up and down from the futon. You'll both sit up there with a toy or a book and stay there for a long time.
This month Auntie got married. You both looked absolutely adorable and you had a lot of fun. It was a very bad nap day so I was worried for you but you both held up just fine. We got ready at Grandma and Grandpa's house then Auntie Kristen, Cousin Mike drove with us to the church. We got to mingle with everyone outside before they shooed us all into the church. Madison sat with Grandma and Grandpa in the row with me and Jackson sat a few rows back with Uncle Billy and Aunt Debbie. Madison didn't make a peep except for humming while reading her book and Jackson was perfect because I was out of sight out of mind. When I came down from doing my reading Jackson saw me and let out a loud sad cry. Luckily Aunt Debbie was able to distract you right away and you didn't make another peep.
At the reception you sat in high chairs and had some bread and cereal while we were waiting for dinner to be served. The babysitter (your first in-home non family babysitter) came to get you but you hadn't eaten yet and it was almost 9pm! Daddy and I had wanted to dance with you so we quickly did that while she waited. Then we let you down and you both ran around the empty dance floor entertaining everyone. You were both squealing and laughing. I was so sad that you had to leave. The people in the kitchen boxed up a meal for you guys and the babysitter fed you when she got you home. She said you were very good for and at 2:15am when we got home she said you went right to sleep when she put you down.


Dear Jackson,
I've written before about you being rough with your sister but it's gone to a whole new level. You will pull her if she has something you want and tackle her then lay on top of her. She's not a fan. You also make a motion like you're going to bite her. You haven't actually doe it yet but it seems like it's only a matter of time.
You can blow kisses! You put the back of hand to your mouth and say "AH" as you take it away.
You really "talk" a LOT. Your voice is absolutely adorable!
You are walking full time now. You're still not completely comfortable with it yet though so your feet are wide apart as you walk.
You are such a sweet boy. You always come over to me and fall into me for a hug and let out a big sigh. Today while we were out at the park taking pictures you came running up to me and hugged me and stayed there for a while. I was kissing your cheek and you kept leaning your cheek in for more. I just love you so much. 
Your sizes are the same from last month but in the last few days I've noticed a big weight difference. All of a sudden your feel a LOT heavier.


Dear Madison,

You have started talking more like your brother. The only word you really say is dada. "daaaaaaaaaDA". When you're "reading" a book you hum
 to yourself. You did it during Auntie's wedding. Papa kept looking back at you and smiling.
You are fairly independent during the day although every once in a while you'll whine until I pick you up. You like to look at the computer. You like to drink your cup of milk on my lap and sometimes you like to get a book to "read" and just chill on my lap.
You can be pretty feisty and when you don't get something you want you will stomp your foot.
You wear the same sizes as last month.

Love, Mommy

1 comment:

KatBouska said...

Oh I'm glad you found me too!! How did you do it?? I've been trying to go through all my old comments to find everyone, but things have been bust around here and it's taking me a long time. I'm glad you're back!

And the kids are adorable. This is the best age!!