Monday, June 02, 2008

Fire in Peabody

It's a little scary all the disasters that have happened just a mile away from my house.  In 2006 there was major flooding of the downtown (walking distance) from a week long rain storm.  Later in 2006 there was an explosion that wiped out an entire neighborhood also in walking distance from my house.  Last week there was a major fire in an apartment complex that is 2 miles from my house.  I smelled the smoke then the news came on and was on for the rest of the afternoon as we watched the large building burn to the ground.  No one was hurt but people lost everything including their pets.  There is a picture gallery from the boston globe at this link.  I took some photos from as close as I could get to the area.  The fire started at 4pm and by 6pm the building was gone.  My pictures were taken around 6pm.

2 comments:

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

OMG! I thought you lived in Peabody when I saw it on the news. You surely live in an active community.

That is sad about their pets.

Unknown said...

K:
Dawn and I drove up 128 around 5:30 and saw the whole thing. It was really incredibly scary. And it screwed up the traffic all the way up the highway. It is really sad about all of the lost pets...
- Shauna