Monday, June 23, 2008

Updates

I've been so busy I haven't had time to do anything but get photos taken every day. You wouldn't think that would be so time consuming but adding it on to everything else I do every day and it really doesn't leave me much time.  Don't even ask if the laundry is done.


The kids had their 15 month check up today. All is well.

Jackson weighs 23 pounds (25th %) and is 31 inches!

Madison weighs 18 pounds (5th %) and is 29 inches.
I was hoping Maddie would weigh 20 by now so we could turn her car seat around but looks like we'll have to wait. It's actually not a problem having her face backwards. In fact it makes it so that they can see each other and they totally entertain each other during drives. Jackson shakes his head back and forth then stops to look at Madison to see how she is reacting. She laughs hysterically, he laughs and does it again. We now have Jackson's car seat in the middle of the back seat now. We used to have the middle seat empty but it was such a pain if we had anyone travel with us, someone (usually me) would have to climb over the front seat to get in the back. Now you can just open the back door and get in. The only problem is that they can reach each other and steal toys and binkies when they find it necessary.

This past Saturday Gia hosted a Mom and baby play date at her house. I invited Melanie and Alice and there were three other moms and babies that I didn't know. We ended up hanging out on Gia's deck which has two sets of stairs. One of the sets was blocked off but the other wasn't (can you see where this is going?). It was very hectic for me needing to watch two babies (they were the oldest ones there) and making sure they didn't fall down stairs or poke a baby in the eye or soft spot. They were also pretty clingy and whiny so that was annoying. Jackson goes down our porch stairs at home almost every time we leave the house. He is really good at it. He gets down, turns around, and goes down the stairs backwards. So now the three of us were standing at the top of the stairs on Gia's deck (maybe 5 steps). I was attempting to put a barrette in Maddie's hair as Jackson was going down the stairs a
gain (he had gone up and down them probably 20 times since we had been there), but this time I didn't notice he had decided to go down head first. He was about half way down when all hell broke lose. He slid face down the rest of the way where he then landed on his forehead and flipped completely over landing on his back. He was silent for a second as I rushed down the stairs. The sad look on his face was heartbreaking. And then the screaming...

I was very calm and picked him right up and brought him inside. I could see the abrasion on his forehead. The skin wasn't broken at all and there was no blood...until his nose started pouring. That's when my calm nature went out the window. Believe me I know this is an overreaction but my first thought was when people die and they have blood coming out of their ears and nose so for a split second I thought he was dieing (not really but
 I was pretty freaked out). I ran him into the kitchen to get a paper towel to stop the bleeding. Gia and Loren both came in the house with me (thank god because by then I wasn't thinking straight). They got me a wet face cloth and I cleaned him up. The bleeding stopped right away. Loren was so good with him. He was talking all fun to him and asked him to give him 5. Jackson's face lit up and went from crying to laughing in a split second. He was totally fine. We went back outside and he was clingy for a little while but eventually was up and walking around and back to poking the infants' soft spots.
Here is Jackson in the middle of all the babes


M&J have been getting to be more difficult lately. They are pretty demanding of my attention. For the most part during the day they are off playing, but if they catch a glimpse of me they want me. But they've also started being tough on each other. It's usually over a stolen toy but even if one is just standing too close to the other, slapping and whining ensues.

Even taking them out has gotten to be difficult. They are very whiny and I know I've had it coming so I'll shut up now.


Saturday night we had a party to go to so rather than having one set of grandparents take care of both of them, we split them up. Madison went with my parents and Jackson went with Chris's. It sounds like it all went well and I bet they liked the individual attention.


Feeding has become an absolute nightmare. They just won't eat. Even stuff they've always eaten is now flying off the tray (onto the floor).

We're pretty much down to one nap nowadays.  I was noticing when I put them down for a morning nap that they really just stayed in there and played, giggled and talked.  So I started putting off the nap til Chris got home for lunch.  Today we didn't get home until 2:30.  They were definitely ready for a nap and slept for 2 hours.  Unfortunately they woke up hysterically crying and completely inconsolable.  They didn't feel feverish but I'm pretty sure it was the shots from the doctor this morning.  I gave them motrin and in a half hour they were back to normal.  After I left for work, Auntie came over with cute clothes from Disney World where she was on her honeymoon.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, that's just so scary! I would have freaked out. Sounds like you handled it like a champ.

I'm sorry the kiddos have been high maintenance lately. You must have incredible patience to take care of them the way you do. So hang in there! You are doing great!

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

I agree with what Wendy said. Must have been so scary to see blood pouring out of his nose. Also, you are a very patient and good mom. I'm sure of it. Mateo is very clingy right now too. He doesn't want me out of his sight.