Saturday, June 14, 2008

Dear Madison

Dear Madison,
I know this isn't your monthly letter but the situation has warranted an interim letter. Is it really too much to ask that you stay uninjured for this most important day? It wasn't enough that you had to give yourself a black eye last week by falling down on your toy lawnmower, or that you out of nowhere walked directly into the TV table and got an egg on your forehead, but tonight, my friend, you out-did yourself. You were in the kitchen holding onto two like objects in each hand as usual (two halves of a plastic easter egg). Daddy saw you spin around and smash onto the floor. I heard the crash and your following SCREAM. Daddy picked you right up and your face turned blue because you hadn't taken a breath yet. Eventually you did and let out another blood curdling scream. We thought you had fallen on the egg halves and pinched your fingers in between them and the floor. A minute later I noticed a slice and an egg on your temple. You had hit your head on the corner of the base moulding in the kitchen. There was no blood and you recovered quickly. I held you on the couch with a bag of frozen peas on it for a while...at least until your brother wanted the bag so he bit your toe.
So for God's sake, no more injuries!!!


Click to see larger

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor darling one!

BTW, I love your pics-a-day photos. So wonderful!

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

Oh My Madison! That is one nasty booboo. You better be careful girl! I hope you had fun and Auntie's wedding!