Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Updates

I'm done (with the daily picture project)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This morning I thought to myself in a mundane sort of way, "what are the kids going to wear for their pictures today? AAAHHH!!! It's July 1st!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I was very excited.
I have neglected so much this month in regards to the blog. So many events and pictures that I haven't shared. I was going to jump right into a July project but now I'm thinking I may wait and do it in August. The next challenge is to take a picture a day of BOTH of them...together! I know I'm CRAZY!

I wanted to share a few stories before I forget them.

Madison blew kisses today for the first time! Jackson's been doing it for a few weeks now. They do that on command more than they wave.

Today both kids were sitting in my lap on the floor while feeding them some cheese. Madison extended her hand with the piece of cheese to my mouth. I said "Are you going to feed mama?" then she quickly put the cheese in her mouth. Next thing I knew Jackson put his cheese right up to my mouth and waited for me to open up! He fed me quite a few bites. It was so sweet!

Also today they were exceptionally whiny. Finally I gave them their tooth brushes which they LOVE. That kept them entertained for a while but both still wanted to be sitting in my lap. Then Madison decided to brush my teeth. She thought it was hilarious. Jackson quickly joined in on the fun. My mom came by later (I asked her to come rescue me because they were driving me insane despite the cute stories) and Jackson brushed her teeth too. I told her she was late for her oral exam and that she was lucky because they were just about to take in the next patient.

Last weekend we went to Gloucester for the big St. Peter's Fiesta. Saturday evening they had the boat races and the greasy pole. For those of you that aren't familiar with it, I'll explain. Picture a large raft off the coast of the beach, but the raft is about 12 feet above the water. There is a ladder that you climb to get up to it. Then picture a telephone pole extended horizontally off of it. Then picture a flag at the end of the pole. The pole is COVERED with grease. Then picture about 20 DRUNK guys dressed up in weird costumes take turns trying to run out to the end of the telephone pole to grab the flag. Basically the entire city of Gloucester stands on the beach and watches the men slip off almost immediately after their first step and fall into the Atlantic Ocean. It's great fun.
SO, we went to watch that. We brought the kids. The beach was packed. The kids were whiny. A family with an 18 month old boy ended up next to us so I put M&J down in the sand to play with this boy. They were very cute together. Jackson was playing with the boy's toes. I was snapping pictures. The fun ended abruptly with a swift handful of sand to Jackson's face (and my camera!!!!). Of course the boy's mom felt horrible and kept apologizing. Jackson was SOOOO upset. He didn't even have time to close his eyes before the sand hit him. I felt so bad for him. He recovered really quickly which I was surprised about but we did have to get moving because it was getting harder to entertain them.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get to go through June's pictures and post some of things we were up to. I'm also so far behind on updating their monthly photos linked in the sidebar. But I really need for someone to take the kids for the day in order for that to get done. Any takers??

1 comment:

Wendy and Karen said...

Congratulations on finishing your photo project!

I love all the pictures. It's incredible that you made the time to take all of these.