Sunday, July 20, 2008

Wedding 2 of 4 Adele and Cristian


This wedding was quite a treat. It was located in a small town in Maine further north than I have ever been. The reception was at a beautiful mansion which I assumed was a reception place. As the recption went on I realized that the house belonged to her family! It was absolutely elegant and beautiful.


There was a rumor going around that two presidents have stayed at the house but we weren't able to confirm that, but it was confirmed that Nathaniel Hawthorne stayed there. Adele, if you're reading maybe you can clear some of this up??


The wedding started at 5:00. At 4:45 it was pouring! It stopped as the sun came out at 4:55

This is the front of the house before I headed over to the church


The newlyweds


You can see the sky was still stormy





Adele's sister Laura is expecting her first baby in October





Back at the reception



















Adele's neice



In front of the house


The tree swings were hanging from these massive oak trees which is where the place got its name. I couldn't wait to try out the swing for myself!







My father's friend Fred (the reason Adele and I know each other). He couldn't resist the swing either. His wife tried it out too.


Adele didn't stay in her dress for too long. It was REALLY hot out.




I drove up to the wedding on my own. Chris and the kids stayed home even though we were all invited. It was a 3 hour drive made possible by my friend Melanie who let me borrow her car. I had to leave my car with the car seats for Chris and the wrangler gets horrible gas mileage so she was nice enough to trade cars with me for the day. After the wedding I had to drive about an hour south to stay over at our friends' beach house. I've been going there since I was in high school and it feels like home so it was so nice to spend the night there hearing the crashing waves of the ocean. I got up and had breakfast and coffee with my friends then drove the rest of the way home.



2 comments:

Gemini Girl said...

seriously amazing pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

I agree - amazing photos. Wow...fancy wedding and castle. This post totally reminded me of Four Weddings and a Funeral. Ever seen it? The title, for one, and then the wedding they go to where they find out that their friend lives in a castle - and they dance under a marquee. Crazy. If you haven't seen it, rent it. It's a great movie.