Greetings from the icu at children's hospital. You know it's going to be a bad day when your mother calls and says there is an emergency with your son who spent the previous night at her house. My mom had the kids at her house last night so we could go our friend Shauna's wedding. In the morning she took them into the bathroom with some toys so she could take a shower. When she was done she let them out. She began to dry her hair stopping every minute or so to listen for them. When she was done she went into her bedroom to find them playing with two open bottles of pills. She cleaned up the spilled pills sincerely thinking they hadn't eaten any. A few minutes later Jackson started to act funny. She called us at home to let us know then she called poison control who told her to bring him to the er.
We met her at the er and I was not prepared to see him like a ragdoll over my mother's shoulder.
We spent a couple hours at the local er then were tranaferred to children's. He's been throwing up and out of it all day but they say it should be out of his system by the morning and we can go home. I'll share details later since as great as the iPhone is it sucks to type on. But I do Want to say that I'm sharing this story in the hopes that this doesn't happen to anyone else...not to make my mom feel bad as she has already told him she would buy him a car...tomorrow.