Monday, November 09, 2009

We're home

It hasn't been a smooth day by any stretch of the imagination but Jackson finally stopped throwing up and was able to keep food down. They discharged him at 6:30pm.
He is fine but he is horribly touchy and the slightest thing can throw him into a hysterical crying fit that lasts a good hour with no way to calm him down. It's the worst I've ever seen him cry and it's gut wrenching to listen to and not be able to help.

I have to attempt to help Chris get them to bed now.

Oh, whoops, I didn't hit publish before we put them to bed. Jackson went down fairly easily and I just hope he sleeps through the night!

Tonight we are all thanking our lucky stars knowing that yesterday could have had a dramatically different outcome. And thank you all for your well wishes.

5 comments:

Eva said...

So glad he is okay.

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys are home. If you need anything, let us know, we're around this week.
Danika

Wendy and Karen said...

Whew! Thanks for the update; I was so worried. I hope all of you get some rest and are able to recover from such a traumatic event.

Anonymous said...

Is there any worry of longer term effects (liver issues, brain growth, etc) or was it a drug where once it's gone it's gone? How scary!!

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

I'm so glad he's doing better. It could happen to anyone. Your poor Mom, though.