Saturday, November 24, 2007

First Thanksgiving

Their first Thanksgiving was lots of fun...well, as much fun as it could have been without their daddy. Chris decided he wanted to stay with his dad since the rest of his immediate family was away. They went to Gloucester to visit with his dad's cousins. He had so much fun he asked if we can go there from now on!

So my aunt picked up the kids and me and we drove out to western Mass to my other aunt's house where we always go for Thanksgiving.

Here are some pictures from the day...


My cousin chris was letting them play with stuff in his wallet. They were ready to take those credit cards for a test spin!


Cousin Jen, her son Hunter, and Jackson

These are all of the kids that were there. 3 of my cousins and I each have two kids! Shelby and Madison are the only girls!


Thankfully Madison's knees are just a little too short to get up on the stair but trust me she was trying like heck! She had her hands up on that second step and was lifting her knee to the first step with all her might.


These two above were taken in succession. She climbed right up onto that hearth.


After everyone left my aunt's house my mom and I took the kids over to visit her parents.


This is my high school senior picture that my grandmother had on her bookshelf. Jackson was having fun looking at it.

Jackson's cheeks have started getting VERY red when he is tired. It makes him look miserable.

After that we went back to my other grandmother's house and spent the night there with my parents.


The next day we hung out, had breakfast, took naps, had lunch then the kids and I drove home with my parents. There's not a whole lot of room in a back seat with two car seats but I managed for a little while until I felt the car sickness kicking in. My mom was nice enough to let me sit in the front. Once we got back on the road the kids started crying so we had to pull over again so we could get them some food. My mom fed them in the back while we continued on our way. Unfortunately Maddie screamed her head off after eating. We were just about to pull over again so I could get her out of the seat and comfort her when she fell asleep. I felt so bad for her :-(

We were happy to see daddy when he got home from work. Then I had to go to work :-(

Today we put up our christmas tree and decorations while the kids were napping. So far no tree related incidents have occured. Pictures to follow...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like ya'll had a good Turkey Day. When I saw Maddie's outfit, I had a flashback to my Catholic school days. :) Love the hairbow!

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

Oh...they look so cute all dressed up in their finest. : )

Let me know if you have any tree accidents. I'm sure Mateo will be crawling everywhere in a month, so I'm worried about that.

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

They are so cute with their grandparents!! Jackson's cheeks do look pitiful. And, I LOVE their outfits! THey are such stylish kiddies!