Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Updates



The day after I took the video in the previous post, Madison started pulling herself up to standing. Now there is a lot of head banging going on and sadly it isn't to Quiet Riot. How many times can a baby hit their head on the floor before you should be concerned?


I have to set something straight for moms to be or new moms. Your life does NOT change when you have a baby (unless you count sleep deprivation). It changes when said baby has become mobile. Gone are the days of laying a baby down to play with some toys while I edit some photos or place a photo order or do laundry, etc. Trying to contain said baby makes her stiffen up and screach until you pick her up again and let her crawl around and climb on things leaving me only time to constantly watch her. We even put the pack-n-play away because she hated being in it. If I NEED to contain them for some reason I can put them in their cribs.

3 comments:

Eva said...

I hear ya! I think our easiest days were when they could sit but not yet crawl (which was longer for us than for you - I'd feel guilty but then there's the whole sleep thing =)

Of course, they just get to be even more and more fun. Tonight S&J were climbing on and off the couch, rolling on top of each other, and laughing hysterically. So I wouldn't trade them in for younger models.

Anonymous said...

Oh great. We are weeks away from one or both of my twins crawling, and that's what I have to look forward to? :)

Have you tried using furniture to make a "pen" for her crawl around in safely?

Keri said...

Wow. Sounds like you have a couple of handfuls...or more. But it's fun watching them grow from over here - I can't imagine how fun it is there!
"Quiet Riot"...that made me laugh.
:)