Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Happy Holidays

We want to get 4 matching stockings for all of us but the ones we want are just too expensive to justify so we're going to wait until after Christmas to get them when they're on sale. So for this year we thought it was appropriate to get the following...





Since we put up our tree so early it's officially the holiday season around here. We used to put up our tree (fake) the day after Thanksgiving every year but since Chris works all day that day and now I work all night there is no time :-( So we put it up on the Saturday after now. The kids were very well behaved and napped for a solid 2 hours while we got all the stuff down from the attic, drank egg nog, watched Christmas Vacation, and put up the tree and other decorations. When the kids woke up Chris brought them both out at the same time while I recorded their reaction on the fancy video camera (so basically no one will ever see it). They were all wide eyed looking at the tree and smiling.

I love partial color photos but I can never seem to find a photo that it works with. Thanks to Shannon who did this with her twins the following images were created. These are going to be our holiday card for sure!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

They came out beautiful! Did you use a black sheet for the backgroudn or did you PS it? That's the next thing I need to learn on PS. My goal is to get them both in the same photo, but that's hard since they aren't sitting up yet and I only have one Bumbo.

We are doing the same thing for this year's stockings. I want K & C's to look similar to ours, but I can't find them. So, after this holiday season we will have them made. We are doing the Baby's 1st Christmas for this year.

We are going to TRY to do a family photo in front of the tree with the tripod and setting the timer (which we've never done before). We are even going to TRY to get the dogs in the shot. I think this has disaster written all over it! :) haha

Wendy and Karen said...

OMG, LOVE the black and white photos!

Beautiful!

Kerry Lynn said...

It's actually a navy blue sheet that I drape from a tall kitchen cabinet...good lighting in the there.

I would love to try to set the timer for a family shot but Chris has NO patience for pictures.
Good luck!! :-)

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

AWWW!!! The Santa hat ones are so cute! LOVE THEM! The stockings are sweet. That reminds me....we need to get new stockings. Now you got me craving EGGNOG!

Keri said...

The tree is beautiful and the pictures of the babies are adorable! I just love the expressions on their faces!

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

The B&W Santa hat photos are beautiful!! I want to copy your idea with Mateo. : )

Our friend made Mateo his first stocking. We get to see it tonight. We're going to try and convince her to make matching ones for us. We'll see how long it took her. She'll probably laugh at us.

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

P.S. How did you do the red hat on the B&W photo?

Kerry Lynn said...

In photoshop, open the color photo. duplicate the layer. desaturate the duplicate layer. erase the part you want to be color and the bottom color layer will show through. SO easy.

If you don't use photoshop and you thought I was speaking a foreign language feel free to email me the photo and I'll do it for you :-)

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

That was totally foreign to me!! I will try to take the photo of Mateo and e-mail it to you. Thank you so much!