Madison and Jackson:
- Both are going down the slide at home again.
- They have been getting harder to entertain and make happy.
- I realized a few days ago that he knows the hand motions to itsy bitsy spider. The picture above is him "washing" the spider out. He doesn't sing along at all but at that point he says "ssshhhhh"
- He is talking more although sometimes we need to remind him to say what he wants rather than grunt. He's getting there. He is starting to put two words together.
- He absolutely loves to pick up the kitty.
- His balance and strength absolutely amaze me.
- Somehow this past month Madison has manipulated her way into getting held before going to sleep for nap or bed. If you put her down without holding her she will cry and won't stop. If you hold her and put her down before she says she's ready she will cry and won't stop. You need to wait until she says "lay down on pillow" and then she will happily lay down and sing herself to sleep.
- Madison's singing has become a very common occurrence. For a while she sang the tune to twinkle twinkle with no words. Then happy birthday (with words) was her favorite. Now itsy bitsy spider is all she sings. The only line she sings is "down came the rain and washed the spider out".
- Maddie attended her first baby shower yesterday for Auntie Kristen. She was shy at first and only wanted me to hold her but by the time it was time to open presents she was the life of the party making everyone laugh.
- She is consistently talking in complete sentences which just amazes me.
- She knows all of her colors and shapes.
- She knows a lot of her letters but not all.