Friday, September 03, 2010

Canobie Lake Park

For those that don't live around here Canobie Lake Park is a great local amusement park. I spent a ton of time there when I was a kid. I believe it was with field trips through school. I'm pretty sure I haven't been there in over 20 years which just seems crazy to me because I remembered the place like the back of my hand. I knew exactly where all the rides were and where I saw new rides I remembered what had been there over 20 years ago. They have a crazy scary wooden roller coaster that was always our favorite ride as kids. Then they built the Corkscrew. I had never been on a roller coaster that went upside down and it was so exciting. My friends and I would ride it, get off, and get right back in line.
I remember a recording studio where you could sing karaoke style and take a tape home of you and your friends singing. I remember going there with my best friend and our first boyfriends at the end of 8th grade (she's married to hers now). I remember hating the log flume and almost falling out of the pirate ship.

My dad won tickets for 5 to Canobie last fall. He really wanted to take the kids with him so my parents and I took the kids up last week. I do remember my mom being grumpy because it was really crowded and we waited in line for a long time for some rides. And I remember Jackson being really grumpy at times but all I can remember is having a ball. Great, great memories. Nothing makes me happier than to see my parents enjoying my children.

The kiddie rides didn't have too terrible lines so we mostly stayed on those.
IMG_4046

IMG_4066

IMG_4067

IMG_4068

IMG_4085

IMG_4088

IMG_4094

IMG_4101

Jackson fell down and skinned his knee pretty well. You might have thought he had his knee replaced by the way he was treating it. He wouldn't put any weight on it and only wanted to be carried after that. Luckily there were three of us to trade off.
IMG_4104

IMG_4105

IMG_4119

Oddly enough after it got dark the kids seemed to perk up and the park cleared out especially the kiddie rides. They basically ended having all the rides to themselves.
IMG_4132

IMG_4133

IMG_4134

After this picture my dad and I snuck off to ride the corkscrew while my mom stayed with the kids. I was so giddy waiting in line...nervous and excited. We got in the cue for the front seat and it was worth it. The first climb is always the worst for me. I just hate the feeling that you might not make it up and the clicking noise. ugh. Then it's all downhill. It's just the best feeling ever.

We made our way back to the kids and took them on one last car driving ride. We didn't leave until 10pm! It was a great day!



1 comment:

Wendy and Karen said...

Incredible pictures! My favorite is the one where Jackson is making a face. I like his new haircut.