Friday, September 17, 2010

First day of school

This past tuesday was the kids' first day of pre-school even if it was only for 45 minutes and I was in the classroom with them. They've been very excited for school all summer and were so happy to go on Tuesday. For some reason Jackson became grumpy as we were leaving so he wasn't very cooperative for pictures.
IMG_5560

IMG_5564

When we got to school Nana happened to be outside with her class so she was the first person to greet them at school. She said she was probably more excited that day then they were.
IMG_5569

IMG_5570

They had a great time and did NOT want to leave when it was time to go. On Thursday it was the first official day but it was still only an hour long. I pulled into the drop off line and the teachers were there to bring them right in. Jackson said "I want you to come in" (he's been SO attached to me lately). I said "OH, I have to go park the car" and that was enough for him to get out and go with the teacher. I didn't lie ;-)
They had a nice setup for the parents in one of the rooms with coffee and fruit etc. They figure if a child is going to have a complete meltdown the first day it's better if you're right in the building. So we all socialized. I saw some people I knew and met a lot of new people. I really enjoyed it. I did peak in their room a couple of times and they were doing just fine. I even heard Maddie boss Jackson around.
When it was almost time for the kids to be dismissed we all went back out to our cars and got in line again. When Jackson came out of the building he was yelling "MOMMY!!!" He ran up to me, hugged me and said so sadly, "I missed you!" They still didn't want to leave though. They've been dying to play on the playground at the school but they haven't done it yet so I took them to a different playground on the way home.
Next Tuesday they go for 1.5 hours and the following Thursday they go for the full 3 hours.
The school isn't that far away from our house but it's not just down the road either so rather than driving back and forth twice I'll be bringing my macbook and hanging out at the town library that is right next to the school. I can't wait to get some focused work done. I have a wedding album to design from a wedding I did last november! I just haven't had the time to concentrate on it without being interrupted by the zillion demands of my children.

2 comments:

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

Oh, I love preschool! The baby is still at the stage where he will sleep wherever I bring him, so I've been enjoying going to coffee shops and reading. Bliss. Won't last long, though...

Wendy and Karen said...

Hurray for preschool!!!